OMG....I'm all teared up!!!

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by mstang67chic, Feb 24, 2009.

1. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

I just got off the phone with my sister. She's doing great and the baby will be here in the next 2 - 3 weeks although I'm thinking it will be more of the low end of that estimate.

Aaaanyhoo.....she just asked me to be the Godmother!!!! She said she was going to ask both husband and I but at least one of the godparents have to be Catholic and neither of us are. So it will be me and my sis's uncle.

I don't normally do mush and corny but I'm about ready to cry! I'm so honored and touched by this.

HA! Just one more reason to spoil the snot out of this baby!!!!!

2. trinityroyal

trinityroyal Well-Known Member

Congratulations Mstang. How wonderful for your sister to choose you.
    I'm all excited for you.

3. Fran

Fran Former Site Owner

Awww. I don't blame you. I would be too. What a lovely honor your sister gave you. Enjoy the little angel when she gets here.
  4. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

What an honor! I'm excited for you, too.
  5. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

Awwwwww. Baby's...get thyself to Wallyworld or some other store and start stocking

I still cant walk by the baby isle without picking something up. Now I am waiting to hear what the new one is gonna be. We think boy because of a low heart rate. LOL.
  6. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Janet you're about due for a grandson. lol ;)

Stang..........Yep. Even more of an excuse to spoil the baby rotten. :D :D Have fun!
  7. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

Awww! So neat! Congrats!
  8. everywoman

everywoman Active Member

What a great thing to be able to be close to a baby and not have to raise it. It's how I feel about being a grandmother. I get to have all the fun, feed JJ (and the new granddaughter one the way) all the sweets, buy them the coolest, loudest, most obnoxious toys, and then I can send them home to their parents.
  9. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

:d :d :d
  10. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

How nice. Spoil away!
  11. Star*

Star* call 911

I AGREE -

THAT IS AWESOME.......

NOW....if you REALLY want to be the BEST GODMOTHER in the world? YOU will adopt a dog for your GODDAUGHTER.....

-No fear says I...........I can help.

So happy for you -
  12. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

Spoiling will happen and pictures will be taken. A lot.

Oh and Star?

Nice try. Subtle too. :tongue:
  13. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

I've never been a Godmother, can I live it vicariously through you?
  14. Andy

Andy Active Member

Nothing like a baby to bring out our mush and corn!

Go for the spoiling allllllllll the way! Remember, you can always send godchild home to mom and dad.
  15. rejectedmom

rejectedmom New Member

How very wonderful for you! Enjoy! -RM
  16. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

Vicariousness is welcome! LOL And I've got the idea down...spoil 'em, wind them up and ship them home!!! Muwahahahahaha
  17. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

You got it stang....wait till next year at Easter and Halloween! Candy candy

Keyana's first Easter she wasnt quite 1 and I gave her a chocolate bunny which she actually gnawed the ears off! Boy was she a sight....lmao.
  18. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

husband's niece has it down with the candy thing.

Her birthday?