Ouch!!!

JKF

So last night I took a nice fall down the stairs. I had on fleece socks and was rushing and slipped and fell down 10 stairs on my behind. I am so sore and so bruised and I can't stand it. Sitting hurts, laying down hurts, standing hurts. Did I mention it hurts?? Sorry but I needed to whine a little. husband is tired of hearing it although if it was him I'd be hearing about it nonstop! lol

Last edited:

TerryJ2

Oh no! I'm sorry! Those fleece socks are downright dangerous. been there done that. I don't wear them any more. Unless they have treads on the bottom.

Ice, ice, ice your behind. 20 min every 2 hrs.

Heal quickly!

JKF

I am never wearing the fleece socks again! Especially with our wood floors. Not a good combo. I've been icing but boy am I sore. Im probably going to stay home from work tomorrow bc I can't imagine having to sit at my desk for 5 hours like this. Hmmm - perhaps I need a little cheese with my whine! Lol

JKF

And thank you all for the well wishes! I really appreciate it. husband is all out of sympathy for today! lol

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Ouch is right!!! Feel better, ice it. I hate naked stairs for that very reason. You can use a hit glue to put dots if glue on the bottom of the socks so they'll grip better. Once the glue dries, it won't be gummy, but it will be tacky and prevent slip and falls.

InsaneCdn

Fleece socks on wood floors... would be good for polishing a fresh coat of wax.
And not much else!

But... a banged up backside is SORE, so you still get a bit of sympathy from me.

JKF

Yes - I definitely had a "blonde moment" with that one. Should have known it was a disastrous combo especially for a klutz like me. Still really sore today and the bruise has come out. Its the size of a football - from mid back to lower thigh. Definitely in a lot of pain today but I dragged myself into work. I have an ice pack with me and some Aleve so hopefully that works. Anyway, I'll live and at least I learned a very good lesson. Fleece socks + wood floor = bruised hiney! LOL

DDD

I only wear the "hospital socks" that have friction on the bottom. I imagine you can buy them in the stores but husband has come home from Mayo with multiple pairs and I got some last spring. They're warm and prevent slipping. Fingers crossed that your bum is just sore. If it lasts long go make sure you didn't damage your tailbone. Hugs DDD

JKF

I only wear the "hospital socks" that have friction on the bottom. I imagine you can buy them in the stores but husband has come home from Mayo with multiple pairs and I got some last spring. They're warm and prevent slipping. Fingers crossed that your bum is just sore. If it lasts long go make sure you didn't damage your tailbone. Hugs DDD

I have a few pairs of those that I will be wearing exclusively from now on. I will wear the other socks with shoes but the ones with the friction on the bottom will be my new staple for walking around at home. And I think I'm going to go see the Orthopedist just to be one the safe side. I already have a bad back (slipped and herniated discs) from an accident a few years ago and today not only am I bruised but I'm having shooting pains in the area that took the brunt of the fall.

Tiapet

Old Hand
JFK, I'm sorry you are in pain. Believe me I know how you feel very much. If you have insurance and you are still feeling the way you are and based on the fact that you already had issues with your back, I would suggest you might want to get it checked out. You might have caused more damage and not realized it. It can lead to pinched nerves too and beleive me, you do NOT want this! I'm dealing with SERIOUS issue in my back right now that has to be found and it's been a long painful road and not getting anywhere. But I know that if left untreated, as my "normal" issues where years ago, what can happen. I don't wish that for you and the area you speak of can wreck really bad havoc.

Hugs.....