Our last adoption

house of cards

Yesterday was a wonderful day. Our family is finally totally, 100% complete. We adopted C, our 3 yo girl. I also was so happy to be able to close my home for foster care…No More Caseworkers! It has been a long 10 years of pressure to keep my house cleaner then my nature and worry for where my foster kids could end up.

We went to the beach and the boardwalk after the adoption and everyone had a blast. You should have seen C on the little kid motorcycle ride, laughing and enjoying it so much. She is a sweetheart but has a wild side or two. I sometimes call her C.C. Rider, it fits. She was even talking to us when she was on the other side of the ride because the girl doesn’t know how to rest her mouth LOL. My little M went on the child swings but he was scared and crying…I hate that…but he suffered thru the ride. He has sensory issues and the swinging really wound him up, took about 15 minutes to get him back down to earth, no more rides that didn’t touch the ground for him.

All in all, it was just a wonderful day. Some minor fighting between the kids while in the car and a bit of trouble from my S in the courthouse. He is usually very sweet and well mannered but he was telling all the caseworkers that showed that he didn’t remember them(repeatedly) and annoying the siblings on purpose, then dissolving into tears when scolded. I’m guessing he was feeling the pressure and maybe a lack of sleep. Next week school starts, Life is Good!

B

butterflydreams

Congratulations! This is wonderful. C is a very lucky little girl and you are very lucky to have brought her into your life.

meowbunny

Congratulations. Isn't the relief of no social workers truly wonderful? May all things wonderful happen to C, her siblings and family.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
congratulations to you ad your whole family. It must feel good to all of you!!! I say no house work for at least a week!!! Bon-bons and soaps!!! (or what ever you watch LOL I would be watching some history, cooking or nat-geo)

Abbey

Spork Queen
Kathie...I just saw in your bio that you are mom to 8! All I can say is bless you. You'd find me in the asylum. (or corner):flowers:

Abbey

N

Nomad

Congratulations. Wishing you strength, wisdom, many blessings and much happiness.