Pancake syrup is sweet isn't it?

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by mstang67chic, Mar 1, 2009.

1. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

At least I think so....but what do I know? I'm just a mom. I didn't feel much like cooking tonight so I made pancakes. difficult child didn't even finish all of his but a half hour later asked husband if he could have some cookies. Huh? I replied that he just had pancakes with SYRUP. difficult child's brilliant reasoning? "Yes but that was supper and now I want something sweet to eat."

Mad reasoning skillz. difficult child needs them.
  2. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

Pancakes with syrup are dinner, not dessert. Dessert is what you have AFTER dinner, even if dinner consists of Snickers bars washed down with Pepsi, and it must be sweet. Like ice cream.
  3. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Definitely sounds like my difficult child's reasoning.
  4. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

5. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

kt will explain (like I'm a total idiot) whether or not pancakes with syrup for dinner is sweet or not, it still is dinner not dessert or a snack.

So, I've been told. In our household the tweedles have yet to bypass nighttime snack ~ whether their hungry or not. It's a habit.
  6. Star*

Star* call 911

Now I want flapjacks.....and a snickers.
  7. JJJ

JJJ Active Member

On this one, I have to side with your difficult children. Pancakes with syrup is dinner. Of course you still need something sweet after dinner!
  8. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

Im with the dessert and dinner are two separate things. Of course...maybe you could have pancakes for both!
  9. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

Makes sense to me!

10. Star*

Star* call 911

I had pancakes for dinner - tonight.

with syrup.

Then I had a taco for dessert.

For breakfast I'm having a coke and a moon pie.
  11. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

You know.....I'm thinking we REALLY need a little smiley face guy who is shaking his head while holding it in his hands.

I guess I could have let difficult child have more syrup for "dessert". He didn't finish his supper and just stuck his plate in the frig. Muwahaha....I could have just warmed the plate up and gave him that!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm..........................snickers and ice cream.