Please Help Me Cheer For thank you's Odyssey of the Mind Team!!

susiestar

Roll With It
thank you is competing in the state level Odyssey of the Mind competition today. This is his second year and his group is AMAZING! They are all very creative and have a unique look at life. One thing that I LOVE is the way they play wiht words. they had to somehow communicate that he skit takes place under water, so they attached a bunch of water bottles to a piece of wood that they hang over the stage - so that they actually ARE under water!!

His team almost went to the World Competition last year, and this year they are TONS better. Their coach has a son in he group and a son who is older and has done his for years, so she has been awesome - esp because she knows what she can and cannot answer (they are allowed very little adult help).

They compete at 10 central time so please join me in rooting for them!!! I hate the stupid body that won't let me go (my body, grr)!

Thanks for rooting with me!! I will update as soon as I know anything!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:onesmiley1::cheerleader::fan:

Go thank you and Odyssey Team!!!! You can do it!!!!

Keep us updated. Sorry you didn't feel up to going. That hoovers.

Hugs

cubsgirl

Good Luck thank you! I did Odyssey of the Mind when I was in junior high and it was a wonderful experience. Go thank you!

Kathy813

Staff member
difficult child participated in Odyssey of the Mind for years. Her teams got to the state level twice but never made it to Nationals.

I'm rooting for thank you!!!

~Kathy

svengandhi

Oh, good luck, I have fingers crossed for thank you. My sd doesn't do Odyssey of the Mind and it's something i think my boys would have loved.

Keep us posted.

susiestar

Roll With It
They FINALLY got home about ten min ago. thank you's team came in 4th out of 16 teams, which is GREAT!! The team that came in first is one that his team knows well and this team did a great job, and thank you was proud of his friends in that group. I am so happy that he did well and is happy with his performance!!!

Thanks for rooting for him!!

susiestar

Roll With It
Thank You ALL!!!! He got the cutest look on his face when I told him you were all rootng for him and proud of him!! Sort of embarrassed and proud and amazed that you care so much even though you haven't met him in real life. It was just super cute!

husband FINALLY figured out what the team name meant. It stood for Odyssey of the Mind Investigative Agency (or Intelligence Agency - they couldn't decide!). This group plans to stay together as long as possible, which is awesome, in my opinion.