Please stay safe!

tiredmommy

Apparently, there is an extremely nasty weather system moving through the Ohio River valley and the MidAtlantic states tonight. One in five Americans is at risk of experiencing severe weather. Please stay safe, follow all warnings and check in when able if you're in the affected areas.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Does seem to be a rather nasty system. This time around we seem to be "in for it".

I am ready. Emergency supplies are easily accessible, kittens are tucked safely into the puppy crate. Anything outside that could be a potential projectile has been made as secure as I can manage. I also had to go over to easy child's house and take care of her cats (ammo is in boarding) both inside and outside and batten down her hatches as well.

Stinks, though. According to what I'm seeing it should be hitting by bedtime. There is a job fair tomorrow and sleep would be a nice thing to have. I don't sleep through storms. Even if I did, doubtful I would what we're supposed to get. ugh

Get prepared, those in the path, and stay safe. Check in when you can. Holding good thoughts for everyone.......and saying a prayer.

Hugs

JKF

Uggggg we're supposed to get slammed here in NJ tomorrow. Another 4 inches of rain and damaging winds. I was watching the news earlier and they said we've already had 9 inches of rain since June 1st most of that within the last week. This next storm will push us right over the edge. Hoping everyone in the path of this stays safe!!!!

Last edited:

tiredmommy

We're just outside the area that's at risk for strong (not severe) storms. We will still get rain after downpours over the last several days. Our ground is like a sponge that's soaked up all the liquid it can hold. We had a good six inches in a bucket I left on the patio on Saturday. And my pool will overflow if we get much more rain.

Jody

Im scared. difficult child is in camp and easy child left for London today. She just arrived. I am hope praying that the storm doesn't hit my park again. I can't leave right now, I am having problems walking with my knee and the medicine has my stomach tore up, so I am kind of stuck, and getting very, very nervous. Say a prayer that my mobile home and I don't blow away. Everyone stay safe and I hope that the media has made it seem a lot worse that it is really going to be. Listing to the weather radio now.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
We're getting ours now. Started at some point in the night with a storm with the most spectacular lightening that made it impossible to sleep. Of course with the temp at 80 degrees and 90 percent humidity I wasn't doing a whole lot of sleeping anyway.

Now we're smack in it and it's a monsoon.........hail, can't see out the window from how hard it is rain, hail...........ugh

tiredmommy

We had a few showers last evening and steadier rain started overnight. My back yard is flooded. Thank goodness we repaired the leak in the basement and the yard drainage already.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I hope this didn't kill my garden. My potato plants are laying down flat............and I can't see the back garden out the window. I'm up at the top of a hill area so no flooding although the street/alley both looked like rivers for quite some time.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
It rained here... LOL I think I slept through the worst of it.

Inky woke about 3:30, and I snuggled her in with me and got her back to sleep. I did hear a little bit of thunder then. And husband put her back in her crib around 4:00. Then about 9:00 this morning the flight line was just BLACK - but mostly rain.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Light rain here now. Hoping we're done with it. Winds were not as bad as predicted, thankfully. But the rain was something else. It was like someone had hung a curtain of water around my front porch this morning.

Californiablonde

Cloudy here but no rain expected. I will say prayers for all of you that are experiencing storms. Hopefully it won't be as bad as they are predicting.

Jody

Oh boy guys, I am sorry that I couldn't respond earlier than this, for some reason the internet was out. We got nothing. Thank difficult child comes home tomorrow and she can water some of mine. I am so glad no one was hurt and it wasn't as serious as they said.

DDD

When to heck did "Bean" turn into "Inky"?????? Am I missing more than a few steps in my old age??? DDD

InsaneCdn

DDD... I'm not sure where you've "bean". But Bean didn't turn into Inky. Bean turned into <real name/nickname> for a while, until Step found another board name that goes with her theme... thus, <real name/nickname> is now <board name> of Inky. Same cutest-kid-on-the-planet easy child-as-far-as-we-can-tell kid... :D

DDD

LOL, Insane. I think I need a nap to clear my head. Evidently I'm not only missing an inning...I'm missing whole games! Yikes. DDD