Poll: Vegas Weekend Chose a date

Pick a weekend in Vegas

• Total voters
M

ML

Witzend was kind enough to find a couple of condos in the "last minute vacations" on RCI. A two bedroom (sleeps 6) is $295 a week. One is "Grandview at Las Vegas" (closer to the strip) and the other is "The Cliffs at Peace Canyon" (out a ways). The catch is, beause they are "last minute vacations" for us to get the best deal we will have to wait 6-8 weeks prior to the date. These places are off the strip.

I thought we could pick the weekend now and then in late July/August I will post our options for lodging. Please let me know if that is agreeable or if you would like me to go in another direction.

Will someone kindly post this as a sticky?

DammitJanet

Ok...you do know if I come, tony is coming with me right? That means we will have to get a hotel room somewhere close by I guess cause obviously no one wants him in with a bunch of women. Just throwing this out there because I dont know if anyone else is bring hubby's. Last reunion several of us did.

M

ML

I may bring my mom with me as I don't want to make a 12 hour drive by myself. I would be happy to have Tony join us.

DammitJanet

I would have probably chosen the sept 24th date because that is Tony's birthday but since we have no idea when this new baby is coming in Sept, I dont think we can plan anything for that month plus jamie is coming down to see it and bringing mikey so we can see him for his birthday. so october is better for us,

LittleDudesMom

I'm doing the southeast one (hopefully) but I have to interject - Tony can hang! I think Tony and I gabbed more when Janet and Tony visited me - I think Janet was just lucky when she could find an opening so she could say something!!!!! Love you Janet!

Sharon

DammitJanet

well if we pick myrtle for the south one, he will be there too because he will just go fishing while we play. we only live about an hour or so from the top end of the strand.

rlsnights

I picked both the October dates because I think I need more time into the new school year before I leave even for a couple of days. If we can figure a way for both of us to come, I'll bring my sweetie. Halloween is our 3rd "officially married by the State of California" anniversary so we could sort of make it an anniversary celebration. It's also the anniversary of our first date 19 years ago. But finding someone to stay with difficult child 2 or have him at their house - well you all know that's a tough thing to arrange.

P

DammitJanet

I really need to have a working idea of where we are going to be staying and what we are going to be doing in Vegas because I think the cheapest way for us to get out there is for us to do one of those Las Vegas get away hotel/airfare combo deals. It drops like 500 off the whole price. And of course, the sooner I know this, the sooner I can book which keeps my price as low as possible.

M

ML

Ok Janet, give me a few days to do some research. As I said in an earlier post, we would get a better deal waiting to book through RCI 6 to 8 weeks prior but that may not make sense for us. Maybe I can still find a decent deal for something we can book earlier. Truly it may be cheaper for those flying to do a combo like you mentioned. I'm not sure yet if we'll drive or fly. 12 hours is no quick jaunt :) I am excited just thinking about the possibility of meeting many of my CD soul sisters.

Oh and Pat, we could take a vote on this perhaps but I'm not opposed to bringing a difficult child if it means we get to see you! Manster saw me typing about Vegas a few nights ago and is hounding me about coming with. We brought him to Vegas a couple years ago and we went to the MnM museum and he just loved it. Just thinking out loud here. I would imagine some would want to stay far way from difficult children on a "getaway" but there may be a way to accommodate everyone's preferances.

M

ML

It's just the name of a travel agency that Witz told me about that deals with "last minute vacations".

M

ML

Hey West Coasters! I am so sorry for taking so long to post. It looks like we are at a tie for the weekends Oct 21/22 and 28/29. At least we're narrowing it down! Here is a link that Pat gave me previously

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p257610?CID=a_cj_4176937

If we can get enough people this could be fairly affordable.

Can I get a list of people that are still interested? Does the condo route sound like the preferable way to go (as opposed to a hotel)? That way I can have an idea of numbers and can move forward and possibly make a reservation.

witzend

RCI is a time share agency. They take time shares in trade, and when they have too many of something they sell them super cheap to members in what they call "Last Minute Vacations". There are several places in Vegas that normally have condos with kitchens, and they are not on the strip. My guess is that most people that want to go to Vegas want to stay on the strip, so they aren't getting used.

rlsnights

Hi everyone -

I took the liberty of checking with the owner of the property linked in the last post from ML. Those dates are already booked so we can stop considering it and think about other options.

Patricia

M

ML

Thanks for checking on that. Are there any other suggestions? Do we want to pursue another condo or look at hotels?

It's been quiet, is there even any interested still in Vegas?

M

ML

Can I ask a moderator to remove the West Coast info from the sticky notes? There just doesn't seem to be the interest. Maybe everyone decided to head east. Thank yoU!

rlsnights

Hi ML -

I am still interested but it seems like finding accommodations is an issue. We are really strapped right now so it's tough for me to commit to a place to stay right now due to the expense.

There is no way for me to make the "East Coast" reunion but I would try really hard to get to Vegas.

If no one else replies and the Vegas gathering is taken off for now I'll post later this summer offering my mom's house again if it is available then. Maybe those of us who can't get to Chicago will be able to pull something together this fall.

Patricia

M

ML

Sounds good Pat. I do understand about being strapped. Maybe we can table this for now and as you say, re-post in the summer and see how things are for everyone. It's hard to plan 6 months in advance for sure. I would be happy if I was blessed by meeting even one CD sister. I know Witz is also still interested.

Ok so the plan is to table for now and re-visit in the summer and see where we are.