Positive news about my back

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by susiestar, Sep 21, 2007.

1. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

Well, your thoughts and prayers reached the right ears. Thank you all!

I have an appointment with a neurosurgeon that is in hte practice my doctor likes on Oct 4.

I called the Orthopedic group that several of our family friends have loved. They have a doctor who is really advanced and excellent. I can't see this doctor.

I CAN see his PA on Oct 2!!! The PA brings the doctor in to meet every patient, so I will get the doctor and the PA both.

I had the lady in appointments cracking up when I said that it probably wasn't a good idea to dig up my old doctor, given the bad back and all. And that "Seance Surgery" was not covered by my insurance!

It will be a long 2 weeks until the appts, but I will get 2 opinions and will then be able to start my recovery!!

I am quite thrilled!!

2. AllStressedOut

AllStressedOut New Member

Glad to hear it! I hope the appointments go well!
  3. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

:bravo: Good news
  4. WhymeMom?

WhymeMom? No real answers to life..

Hope you are "back" in business soon......
  5. tinamarie1

tinamarie1 Member

Susie, I am assuming you are looking at possible back surgery? husband has worked in the operating room as a nurse for about 3 years now, and he does alot of back surgery cases. He has always said that if you HAVE to have surgery, let a neuro. doctor do it instead of an Ortho. Just his 2 cents, for what ever it might be worth.
    Back pain is the pits....I can deal with just about anything except that. I hope you get better soon.
  6. Big Bad Kitty

Big Bad Kitty lolcat

The power of prayer!!

Now get better!
  7. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

Yeah! I'm so relieved for you~
  8. flutterbee

flutterbee Guest

Good news!
  9. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

:dance: :bravo: :dance:

Wonderful news!!!! Glad it worked out. I know you must be releaved.

10. blb

blb New Member

11. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

Good news!