Post-op Checkup Today

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by gcvmom, Dec 13, 2011.

1. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

I'm heading out in a bit for my post-op exam. Things are healing nicely, though my navel still has what looks like a very large yellowish/green key shape around it! The other incisions have just about lost all their surgical glue, they itch a bit and are still tender, and there's a lump under each, which leads me to suspect internal sutures. But I'm back into my routine and feeling fairly normal when I bend over to tie shoes, pick up stuff, etc. I'm going to try to start walking my hills again and see if I can at least hold steady over the holidays and then maybe, slowly shed some more weight.

And the best part is NO MORE EXCRUCIATING PAIN out of the blue! :thumbsup:

2. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

I am glad you are healing and feeling better. Enjoy your walks and not having that sudden, awful pain.

3. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

So glad you're on the mend!!!

4. DazedandConfused

DazedandConfused Active Member

Great update and recovery!

5. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

So.....what yer sayin is......you got no stones?
    :groan:
    ahh hahahahah ahhhhhhhh hahahaha. ahem.

Glad to hear you are on the mend. Hugs & Love -

6. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

And I got no gall, neither!

BUT... as a consolation for the loss of that little organ, I am now blessed with titanium clips. Three, I think. My guts are state-of-the-art now! :bigsmile:

7. InsaneCdn

InsaneCdn Well-Known Member

And for the rest of your life... you may end up with problems going through airport security!
    Seriously - I don't know how much it takes to set those things off, but if you travel esp. outside of North America, take a doctor's letter with you.
    My Mom has to do that... artificial knee sets off older scanners.

8. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

Hmmmmmmm full of titanium eh? Gimme a while to get ya something on that okay there wolverine?

Got our own state of the art - Superheroine.

9. shellyd67

shellyd67 Active Member

Glad to hear it !!! :bigsmile: