Problem with pharmacy. Argh

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Even my private insurance is screwed up because of the new year. The software to process junk has been "updated" and of course, 2 of the 4 scripts I picked up on Friday were problems in the software.

Guess if you've been with this pharmacy a long time and otherwise like them, I'd give them at least a chance to explain. If they just took you for $50, I'd show them where to put it...

DammitJanet

Yes, I am going to go to medicaid one day this week...probably on wednesday because I have to go somewhere today and a doctor appointment out of town tomorrow so wed sounds good...lol. I think they will get it fixed. Or I can sic the two federal programs on each other...lol. That is always fun!

If you really want an interesting time, try negotiating with two federal agencies about one claim! FUN FUN FUN. I do have to say though that Medicare are the nicest people when you have to talk to them on the phone. They try to be so helpful and they are so polite and not condescending at all. I told that to the agent I spoke with on Friday evening and thanked her for being so nice and said I wished there was a way for me to tell her supervisor how nice she had been, she said, well these calls are recorded so you just did! LOL.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I'm glad you have some recourse. Honestly I deal with Wally World and Walgreens mostly. Wal Mart for the kids, Walgreens for me. Don't ask, I can't tell you why.

I've not had a single problem yet. In fact one three-month scrip for Jett, the pharmacist called me over & told me they only had 70 in stock and could not add more later due to it being Schedule II. So they put 70 on the paperwork. And mine are ADs only, so I am not worried. But I've never actually counted any.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I hear you Janet. I carry ins through both the VA and Medicare. The VA is both my part B supplental ins, AND my part D carrier.

There was some sort of shake-up in the gov't agencies a while back as regarding specifically customer service. Since then, the workers I deal with have been as sweet as pie.

Any experience with mail order? Has anybody found the accuracy to be better and/or less chance to get IOU's for portions of the script? I hate having to keep up with which drug they owe me how much of sometimes. I almost need a chart.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
The only mail-orders I deal with are with the VA. I pay a copay on medications filled at the pharmacy, but if I can get three month prescriptions, I get them for free.

I've had no problems with them at all. Accurate counts every time and they, because they have 2 huge depots that service ALL VA mail orders, they have never run out of anything.

I suspect that the other medications by mail operations also are using huge dispensing pharmacies, possibly under contract, and that running out there wouldn't be a problem, either.