Quick update

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by Big Bad Kitty, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Big Bad Kitty

Big Bad Kitty lolcat

And a little light at the end of the tunnel.

The woman I spoke with at the neuropsychologist's office called me back to tell me that they have Occupational Therapist (OT)'s in their health system that take Medicaid.

Alls I need is a current referral from her psychiatrist. Done and done. She said that there is a wait, but I got the ball rolling.

Thank you for your encouragement, everyone. I didin't even get the armor dirty.
  2. Steely

Steely Active Member

That is awesome!
    So happy for you.
  3. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

I am so glad. I knew there HAD to be some OTs that would take medicaid.

Does your medicaid office give you a website or brochure with the various docs in the system? I didn't get one right away, but I did manage to call and ask for one - and get one. It really helped when we were on medicaid. Even our therapist didn't know it existed. She xeroxed it so that it could help other clients. Seems to be a big dark secret, many office people in the system don't have it.

I think it might help to read the out of sync child beforehand, or at least skim it. You can ask at the library for the video version. it is very helpful.

4. meowbunny

meowbunny New Member

Way To Go!!!! (Shoot, have to add more ... Way To Go!!!! not long enough.)
  5. flutterbee

flutterbee Guest

Way To Go :warrior:
  6. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

WARRIOR MOM - NEVER GIVE UP - NEVER GIVE IN!!!!!!:sword::you_go_girl::jumphappy::p
  7. mrscatinthehat

mrscatinthehat Seussical

So glad that your ball is rolling. I will hope that it continues down hill so that it isn't as much work to keep it going.

8. totoro

totoro Mom? What's a GFG?

WOOHOO!!!! Keep It ROLLING!!!!
  9. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Way To Go Warrior Mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!