Random Deb checking in

Abbey

Spork Queen
Busy week being the cookie pusher of Oshkosh. I'm waiting for the feds to take me down. ONE more day and I might make it out alive.

Funny story. When I don't have a customer I help stock the sale aisle that looks like a tornado went through at any given time. I'm putting up some stuff and I see these two 80ish guys coming to my station. I walk over just as one is picking up a cookie. He says, "I'm just stealing a cookie."

"Well, why don't you take one of each?" Then I look at his hand and it has a good 8 cookies stuffed in it. I said, "Wait a minute here! Let me see your pockets." He ashamedly opens his parka pocket and it is STUFFED with cookies. I laughed my arse off. COOKIE STEALER!!! He says, but they're so good. Well, ya know (in my best WI accent), you could actually buy a bucket and have 7 dozen cookies. Then I looked up and the owner of the chain was behind them laughing his bootie off. I told him that if he bought the bucket (all of $5) I'd take it home and bake them for him. He said he'd be back tomorrow with $5. I love old people. I'll bake him cookies.

It's 4 degrees here and snowing. Nuff said.

My GPS is working perfectly (thank you, thank you) so I successfully navigated to a local tavern to have a beer with old Jack, a customer. He says he's 64, but I'm thinking he needs to add another 10 years. Liar.

Half of my stuff has made it here from Vegas and is now strewn about all parts of the house. Now I need to figure out where I'm going to put it.

Toilet cell is still on the fritz but I can go back and forth between the two handicapped cells to get calls. I just have to pick rice out of my teeth every time I try to use it.

Abbey

trinityroyal

Abbey, I LOVE the way you deal with your customers!
And glad to hear that between your 2 disabled phones you've got one working phone.

Abbey, I thought of you when husband and I were in Costco the other day. There was a demo lady there with a stack of karaoke CDs. She was standing in her booth dancing away. Customers were just ignoring her.

I noticed that husband was grooving to the music a bit, popping his hip as he stood looking at the frozen vegetables, so I grabbed his hand and we started to disco dance in the aisle, there with the Karaoke Demo Lady.

As we were dancing, I thought THIS is an ABBEY moment! I'm loving this!

Brightened up my whole day!

Abbey, on behalf of all customers who became happy customers because of interacting with you, THANK YOU and many big hugs. It's a wonderful thing.

Trinity

Abbey

Spork Queen
Great, Trinity!! You probably made her day. I'm surprised it happened at Costco. Usually they are VERY boring.

Abbey

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I love it!
husband and I found the old Tavern here in town and went when we first moved here... we go when ever we can. Only 2x, but it is full of the real down to earth Tucsonen's... horsey people and grungey. The conversation is always good.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Abbey, you could buy a cheap "GO" phone and insert the sim card from your other phone to get you by until you can find something you like better. They cost about $30... maybe less this time of year with all the specials going on. I had to do this after I broke husband's cell and lost mine in the bay in a matter of two weeks (that was BAD month). And with my cell, I just went to my carrier and had them code a new sim chip for $20. Granted, it didn't have my programmed numbers on it, but at least then I could use a phone for a lot less.

Mr. 64 could really be that and look older if he's had a hard life, Know what I mean??

Abbey

Spork Queen
Old Jack is a hoot. He picked me up and said no one had sat in the passenger's seat for 6 years. I found that sad. We sat there for about an hour or so him telling the most corny jokes you could imagine.

The cookie stealer returned today. I don't know how he slipped by me without me noticing, but he did. He came back with a bucket of the dough with the receipt and said he'd be expecting his cookies. Shoot. Now I have to spend my two days off baking cookies.:tongue:

Abbey

KTMom91

I love to bake...I'll do it for you! Today I made four loaves of banana bread and a batch of chocolate chip cookies. Next on the list are oatmeal raisin and snickerdoodles.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm Snickerdoodles ummmmmmmmmmmmm

*drool*

KTMom, you're hired. I'll take 2 dozen cuz I'm on a diet. :D

Abbey.....you've got to stop it or I'm gonna want to be a demo lady. lol I've already gotten into interacting MUCH more with demo ladies I come into contact with, especially those I find who have a sense of humor.

Oh, by the way, your Percentage instructions are helping. I just have to get them to stick in my head. :D Thank you so very much from the bottom of my heart.

Hugs

F

flutterbee

We don't have demo ladies. I haven't seen a demo lady in years.

Abbey, we need you!!!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Lisa - I'm glad you could read through that stuff. It's hard to describe on the web, but easy to show in person.

Heather - send me a plane ticket and I'll demo anything. The worst thing I did was baby wipes, but I pulled it off. (Here..bend over and I'll show you how it works.) :tongue:

I just got 5 new nametags for my wine and spirits position. I really mess with the employees there about my name. I have Deborah, then went to Abbey which threw them for a total loop. Now I have Cosmo, Absolute(ly), they say this all the time here, Tom & Jerry, Jack (Jack Daniels), and Boons (Boonsfarm). With so many employees there it's a job to learn people's name. They're like...what the heck? I just got used to Abbey and now you whatever the tag of the day is. Keeps them on their toes. Now I just need Pleasure.:D

Abbey / aka Cosmo/ Absolute, etc.

ctmom05

Random Deb(Chris is smiling at the thought)....

Your disposition is so sunny. I think that's a lot of what gets you thru the tough times. I mean...things are what they are, but you have a way of making the half empty seem more like half full. Bless you Deb.....

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I keep trying to justify to myself that I could go do my grocery shopping in Wisconsin. It isn't that far out of the way. When I left one of my jobs I can't tell you how many name tags I had. Sometimes it is just too much fun to adjust the name a little.

beth