RE: Three year old on a hitting rampage.

crtaylor

Thank you for all your input.
He is quite bright, no language or physical delays in anyway. Definitely not autistic.

He is going to an integrated school program. The teacher there says he is strong willed. He hit a teacher there for not getting his way. She has not given me formal feedback yet, just told me how things were going there.

I cannot give this kid a traditional time out. It either is enjoyable to him (Let's play the runaway game!!!) or he becomes even more combative and aggressive if he is freaked out to begin with. If I count, it just escalates the situation.

I am afraid to take him out in public because the last time we were at my mother's house he punched my niece in the head and ran around the front yard to prevent having to get into the car.

I am starting occupational therapy next week. I need some way to keep this kid calm. He freaks if he doesn't get his way or even if he is too stimulated.

Has anyone done neurofeedback? There is someone where I live who will do a LENS technique. Does anyone know anything about this?

BusynMember

Has he had any sort of intensive evaluation? Hitting teachers is way out of the norm. I'd want it checked out. Neurofeedback usually is in conjunction with other services and to me it would be really hard for a little one to grasp. I've had it.