RIP Buki

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by tiredmommy, Sep 28, 2009.

1. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

2. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

What a sweet animal. She seems to have led a very interesting, long life. Go for it, girl.

Abbey

3. tiredmommy

She was a very gentle & loving girl. There was one time that we took Duckie to see her show, Duckie must have been 3 or 4 years old and started having a meltdown over something or other. Buki laid her trunk across the top of the safety fence and let Duckie pet her. Duckie calmed down right away.

4. flutterby

flutterby Fly away!

What a sweet soul.

5. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Awwww. Such a sweet girl. I adore elephants.

6. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Sounds like she will be missed.

7. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

Sad. She touched many lives.

8. tiredmommy

The zoo is still closed today. Our zoo may be small & in need of many improvements but you'll never meet a zoo staff that care more about the animals they care for. I'm glad that Buki's death is being treated with such respect.

9. SomewhereOutThere

SomewhereOutThere Well-Known Member

Aw, I'm so sorry. I am an animal lover from the core of my soul. RIP :(

10. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

This is a sad day at zoo's everywhere. It's even more sad to think that somewhere a deal is being made to have a new elephant leave the comfort of her home to eventually go and replace Buki.

Elephants do cry....she is missed the world over.

11. tiredmommy

Star, that's precisely why the Buffalo Zoo is trying desperately to raise money for improvements. They want to ensure that animals are treated with decency and respect. They also take part in an alliance to help endangered species to survive.

12. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

Here's hoping the people of NY recognize what a great girl Buki was - and how important it is to upgrade a habitat for a new arrival! Trunks Crossed!!