Rocking?

SnowAngel

The last month I have noticed my mother (gramma) has been rocking side to side constantly. My step dad asked her about it and thought she was loosing her mind. I haven't seen this type of behavior before. She is bipolar. Do you know what it could be?

TerryJ2

Our difficult child used to rock, front to back, but he stopped it when he was about 4.
I don't know anyone who rocks side-to-side. Poor Gramma. Wish I could help. I know it unnerves you.

SnowAngel

Saturday she said she was close to suicide. Not sure what the rocking does or if its disorder related. She has no health insurance so she wont go to the dr. Just need some suggestions on how to handle things here.

AllStressedOut

I am sitting here and youngest difficult child was just brushing his teeth at my vanity, right next to my computer desk. He was rocking side to side as he brushed his teeth.

Not sure how to handle rocking side to side. The only time I ask difficult children to stop is if they're in my line of sight. I can't focus on anything else if someone is moving out of the corner of my eye.

If she is thinking of suicide she needs to be admitted to a hospital. Take her to the ER.

SnowAngel

This is non stop rocking for hours. She does rock back and forth too. I just not sure whats going on and why the sudden change in behavior. She seems very withdrawn.

witzend

I would also want her to be seen. It doesn't have to have to do with mental health, though. It could be inner ear or neurological. She could be building up to a stroke. I see that she is living with you. Has she run through her assets? It's difficult when they are trying to protect assets, because there are options available when all they have left is their SSI that aren't if they own a home or have some savings.