Schwann's guy.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
In all of our corner cutting, I have added a little something into our mix. We used to go out to dinner once a week or so at a cheap restaraunt. With prices going up, that's not feasible. But I really missed my night off of cooking. So, I picked up the Schwann's guy. For 1/4 of a cheap meal out, I can buy one of his frozen dinners in a bag and still have my cook-free night (almost).

Tonight we had shrimp and broccoli alfredo with bow-tie pasta. It was REALLY good. And it was $8.

M

ML

Right on Shari! I have also enjoyed some of Rachel Ray's recipes. There are some that take just minutes. If we try to use lots of short cuts it helps. I'm glad you found something yummy that is cheap and takes no work :)

susiestar

Roll With It
I also love a lot of Rachel Ray's recipes. I did find that when husband got me 3 of her cookbooks there was a LOT of overlap with the same recipe in each book. So if you are looking for more than one of her books check the recipe index before you buy.

I still love them.

The Semi-Homemade books also have some good recipes.

The Schwann guy here is creepy. We used to have Market Day when we lived in Ohio. I miss it.

We might get a Sam's card again. Not sure. I have to go see if it is worth the cost.

I like the night off cooking though! We moms ought to put all our tips into a book.

Susie

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Ditto to SRL.... So how was the Schwann guy??? Maybe we can bring him to the pity party!?!?! Tell him to bring some food also...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Oh, my, SRL. I walked into that one.

However, since I"ve got him, I'll bring him (and his truck) to the party.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Star, were you thinking along "schwing" from Garth and Wayne?

The Schwann's man is the ICE CREAM MAN!!!!

And wee difficult child is so funny, he thinks that's actually the guy's name.

Star*

call 911........call 911
One of my favorite movies is Young Frankenstein.

In it they are creating the monster and Terry Garr says He certainly going to have a very large Schwannsticka....and it just sticks in my head - SCHwann.

trinityroyal

Well...when I want to know about lewd words, I go and ask my husband. He knows ALL of them.

Apparently Schwanns (not sure of the spelling) is a euphemism for...erm...a man's manly parts. :bag:

So there you have it.
Trinity

Sue C

I used to get Market Day waaaaaaaaaaaaay back when Melissa was in elementary school. I liked that. We belong to Sam's Club. I like that and do save money there.

Our Schwann's guy was a creep! If you didn't order much, he mumbled under his breath as he was walking away and one night when we didn't order anything, he said "IDIOTS!" as he walked away. I called the company to complain and never ordered again.

sue