She was doing so well

H

HaoZi

Her father called earlier this month, his parents did a surprise visit last week, and now she's come down with a nasty cold and is acting out. As in threw her desk acting out. She goes to psychiatrist Friday, and I don't know if we need a medication adjust, if the father turmoil hit her again, or if it's because she's sick (which always makes things worse).
:groan:

InsaneCdn

I don't know if we need a medication adjust, if the father turmoil hit her again, or if it's because she's sick (which always makes things worse).

Or, all of the above.
Or, some of the above plus something else...

At 10... hormones might be starting to come into the picture. Which is normal, but just complicates things, that's all.

At least you've got an appointment coming on Friday.

H

HaoZi

I'm sure the fair food didn't help either. So glad the appointment is Friday, usually the downwardness starts a day or two AFTER the appointment!

keista

Oh man. Sorry to hear it. But that is a lot to toss on any kid.
So glad the appointment is Friday, usually the downwardness starts a day or two AFTER the appointment!
Yours too?

And now you've got me nervous. Mine has been doing well too. I asked her how school was today and she said, "Delightful!" No sarcasm. Almost like a Stepford kid.

Malika

Hi Haozi. Have been wondering about you as you haven't been around here so much lately. Sorry to hear about Kiddo. I suppose... she needs to talk about her anger and what is behind it - at least recognise the anger rather than having to throw a desk. Is the psychiatrist good?
Hugs to you both.

H

HaoZi

Put it this way, I haven't really been impressed in a good way by the docs in my area. The only one I've liked is the one that tested her, and he's a research doctor, not a psychiatrist.
Last night I found the paperwork on yesterday's incident (the desk throwing was Monday). Oy. She threw a lot of things, kicked and slapped a classmate, and is in in-school suspension and has to earn her way back into the classroom. Until then she'll be in the ED classroom I guess. It says they called me at work and emailed me, but all I got was a partial text from her teacher.
:sigh:

T

TeDo

{{{{(((HUGS)))}}}} hon. Sounds like Kiddo is definitely gong through something, poor kid. My guess, if this this just came out of the blue, is a combination of the above. A cold makes kids really awful and if there is father turmoil besides, I feel sorry for her. Have you had a chance to ask her what's going on?

As for the school saying they contacted you, I would ask for proof. That just doesn't seem right.

More {{{{(((HUGS)))}}}} to both of you.

buddy

So sorry it is so tough on her. I hope as these days pass, you are able to figure it out. Best of luck at the doctor. appointment.