She's missing again.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I know I've been off the board for a bit & for that I apologize. Chaos has ensued here in tweedle land.

Saying the above, I picked kt up for a weekend pass early this afternoon. She asked to take a walk; I obliged because she'd been doing well on her passes home.

kt has been missing for going on 5 hours now. I don't know if I should call the police or not. Part of me thinks this should play out; see what happens. The other part thinks I should report her missing.

I fear kt has made plans to meet up with someone once again.

If you have the time, say a little prayer. I'd like kt home safe so I can rail into her myself & then drag her butt back to Residential Treatment Center (RTC).

DDD

My first instinct is to say "call the police". Then I realize that you live in a sphere that I have not experienced and you are the only one who can make the decision. Alway I am on your side and always I will send supportive thoughts, hugs and prayers for you. DDD

L

Liahona

Glad you're back. To bad you weren't off board for more relaxing reasons. Are you going to need help dragging her back to Residential Treatment Center (RTC)? Would you need to call police then?

tiredmommy

{{{Hugs}}} I'd call the police... Liahona brings up a good point. Plus, you don't want to be seen as complacent for not reporting a missing minor (?) that's out on pass. What happens if she doesn't get back to the Residential Treatment Center (RTC)? Also... I hate to think this (gulp!) but what if she isn't an entirely willing participant at this point?

pepperidge

Well, I guess you might have more peace of mind if you called the police. But there may be factors at work that might argue otherwise....

sorry for all the %&*^%$ they are putting you through. Sending safe thoughts your way....

donna723

I'm so sorry the you have to go through all of this once again. Of course you will have to use your own judgement but I think, if it were me, I'd call the police too since she has a history of putting herself into potentially dangerous situations. Saying prayers that this is all resolved quickly.

DammitJanet

So sorry she is making poor choices that are leaving you in this mess. Just think, regular parents wouldnt even notice if a 17 year old was gone from home for 5 hours on a Saturday. That is a pretty normal thing. Our kids just make us look at things differently.

Methuselah

I hope your daughter is safe and your family finds peace. I would call the cops, as she isn't a normal kid hanging with friends for five hours and forgot to let you know where she is. Since it would be like her to run and hang with undesirables, you need to give it to the cops to handle. If they decide it isn't necessary to look for her, then you have covered yourself.

I'm sorry she blew gift of trust you gave her. You are in my prayers.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Praying hard Linda.

My gut says to call the police too given her history.............but you're in a far better position to judge whether or not to do that than I.

Hoping you get a chance to burn her ears for making you worry.

(((hugs)))

buddy

Just got home, is she back yet? I am so sorry for this. Said a prayer for her protection and your peace as soon as I read your post. will continue praying for your and her safety to get her back to Residential Treatment Center (RTC). Love and support, buddy

rejectedmom

Linda so sorry for your worries. The police know her history, I wpould call them and let them decide whether to look for her or not. Praying she is safe. -RM

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Oh Linda... I am praying hard. I am so sorry kt cannot seem to make better choices...

I know that it's a bit earlier there than here, but... At this point... Sigh. Let us know please sweetheart.

Steely

Hugs Linda....I know you know what is best so I will leave that decision to you. You are in my thoughts always...

T

TeDo

Call the police and have them take her back. If she's going to do this at the very start of a week-end pass, maybe the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) and all else involved will FINALLY get it through their thick skulls that she is NOT ready to be released much less to your house again.

I am glad you're back and I will pray, pretzel, and rattle that she is okay but given her pattern, she is fine with someone she's arranged it with. {{{{(((HUGS)))}}}} to you hon. Keep us posted about the situation AND how you're doing. This whole thing has me worrying about you.

buddy

Still no word? I 'm wondering if she came home and off they went back to Residential Treatment Center (RTC)? I am truly hoping ....Prayers she is ok.