should i give difficult child his medications. to ssi appointment.

dreamer

Doesn't ssi also have income guidelines?

Are you looking to get things like WRAP around services? Therapy? Respite? Here we got those things thru our county. (But we were already low income, technically, becuz my income was minimum wage and I was sole support for the 5 of us)

needabreak

my income is basically nothing .the little bit of money i getfrom work goes to my sons tuition.my father pays my other bills.he found me a place to live cause he could not take all the promblems in the house avy more.i have the best father in the world.i give him any extra money i have even though it does not measure up to what he gives me.andi feel so bad that i can not give more.

dreamer

do your children get child support or survivors benefits? have you applied for utility assistance, houseing assistance, Medicaid?
Maybe the school could have-should have paid your sons tuition thru IEP? Food stamps?

needabreak

i get child support and that goes right to my kids for what they need.and also it goes towards tuition.there is housing asst.but they have a waiting list.every thing has a waiting list.also i have to pay my own health ins.witch is 200.00 a month and that is just me.i have tryed looking for other jobs but trying to find someone to watch difficult child is hard and most places wont give me a sceadule to fit me.so working at his school was perfect.just wish it payed better.i do get food stamps and i feel embarresed when i go to the store cause sometimes i get looks.it hurts sometimes.

dreamer

if you get food stamps, have you applied for Medicaide for healthcare?
I do undersand about the houseing waiting lists, recently our county stopped accepting names to put on the wait list as it is 3 years long.
It is possible your school district might pay your childs tuition, is it special school for Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD)?
Don't be embarrassed using food stamps. Sometimes people need help.

needabreak

i was getting medical asst. but then they stoped it as soon as i start working.that is why im scared they may take difficult child ins.away.then i know he would be in trouble. but if he got ssi he would deffintly have ins.im trying to get tuiton asst.but it wont start till next year if i do get it.

oceans

There is a forum on here for insurance and SSI help. Maybe you could write your questions on that one.

I don't know the rules and regulations about SSI, but I do hope that you can get some help.

I know that my insurance will not cover difficult child once he turns 18 if he is not in college. They say that I would need to get him declared disabled for them to continue to cover him. He has huge psychiatric bills. It can be scary stuff to try and solve!