Simple things that make you happy

Abbey

Spork Queen
12 packs of soda are going off sale today.:bravo: My entire right arm is in pain from lifting 4 packs of those things EVERY flipping order. (Damn, you Midwest people are coupon happy.) I know it's a great price, but darn it all...enough is enough. I now know I walk lopsided because my muscles on my right arm are twice the size as my left arm.

The only thing to spoil my pleasure would be a sale on the cases of bottled water.:faint::nonono:

Some guy came in yesterday with 29 (why 29, not 30...don't know) gallons of water. Store policy is I have to scan ALL of them.:grrr: And, and I have to chuckle at this...it was a 'You Bag' line. Ok, dude...I'll lift your 29 damn gallons and scan them, but YOU get to put them in your multiple carts. I ain't helping you at this point.

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
When I worked at the drug store we were the state liquior store as well. Those cases of beer are murder. I hated soda sales. At one point we were giving away free bottles of 2 liter soda with coupons.

Liked to kill my shoulder. (wasn't long after the accident) But turned out to be great occupational therapy. But you can tell that practical joker your working out to get back at him...getting those muscles in shape.... :rofl:

DammitJanet

Lordy Abbey! You would hate me as a customer because I drink more soda than the average family of 4 by myself. We never go into a store without buying at least 8 to 10 two liters.

Now I guess our stores got wise to the fact we are soda-happy folks down south because you only have to scan 1 of each type. So if I have 10 Diet Cokes I hand them 1 and tell them I have ten. When the 12 packs of certain makers go on sale and say its the Pepsi brands at 5 for 10 (which is a heck of a deal!) I only have to put up 1 12 pack of each type of soda. If I get 3 12 packs of Diet Pepsi and 2 12 packs of Diet Sprite...I put up one of each. I leave the rest in the cart. I also dont bag any of those things and leave them in the trunk of my car and take them out two or three at a time.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I now know I walk lopsided because my muscles on my right arm are twice the size as my left arm.

Well now you just have to walk with your left arm over the top of your head to balance yourself when you walk!!!! :tongue: When someone asks you why you are walking with your left arm over the top of your head? Hit them with your well developed right arm.

Agh, gah, gah, gah, ga, gahhhhhhh (Popeye laugh)

Abbey

Spork Queen
Yeah, Daisy...even though it's the whole arm, my shoulder is killing me.

Two liters I can handle, but the twelve packs are murder. They're awkward to handle, many times having to scan them twice because the first time didn't go.

On a side note, I made store history yesterday for the largest error on record. Too long to describe, but when I tendered out the ladies groceries it came up to a -$1006. Oops.:anxious:

Turned on the flickering light. Actually, I should use a siren at this point. My store director walks over and I said, "Rick...you're gonna LOVE this one." :tongue: Fortunately, he's very easy going and has a great sense of humor. He says (in my best WI) accent, "Oh, ya know...stuff happens. I think we need a second copy of this receipt for the accountant." Then he fixed it. I'm glad I wear the 'Hi! I'm new' badge.

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm staying outta WI -

Cheese seems to cost an arm (your right one from scanning) and a leg....SRL's $1400 piece of cheese......

Going to go on Ebay now and look for a goat.......or a cow......or ......a DONKEY......and forget cheese.

Lothlorien

Abbey...I worked as a cashier for a grocery store when I was 16. I still new and ringing on a manager's register, with him standing behind me, so it was clear that I was new. On about my 2nd customer, I proceeded to ring this little old lady up who had a half gallon of milk. I rang it up for a whole gallon by mistake and she actually punched me in the arm!

Unfortunately, I worked in retail for another 14 years before I finally realized that I HATE retail. I will never do it again.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Abbey, don't fret. Not so bad a mistake, really. I've seen newbies do worse. My biggest mistake was always to add an extra zero. So an order of 190.00 , customer gives me 200.00, I'd type in 2000.00. :rofl: I think I had a thing going with the zero button for a while. Easy to correct though, and didn't need a manager to do it. lol

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
My first job at 16 was grocery store cashier......way back before scanning was done. Every item had to have a price tag and we had to make change---figure out how much they got back in our heads. One day there were two lines open, mine and the girl that had worked there for five years. Everyone was standing in my line.....and I'm no hot babe.......I was the only one who gave correct change back...... I just couldn't imagine why this girl was still employed there....but I was young and naive...... only worked there one summer then moved on to a factory job next summer......more $$$$