So, NVTS....

nvts

Hey! Thanks so much for asking! We're all doing pretty well. I'm at 16 weeks, so the kids are now totally aware of what's going on. I found a website so I can show them what the baby looks like without a lot of technical talk.

difficult child 2 asks about the baby every morning, but doesn't want to look at the pictures "cause it makes it look like ET or some other alien".

I had the high-risk pregnancy appointment. on Wed. as well as the genetic counselor. Everything looks good.

During the ultrasound, it moved and looked like it was waving, so I was cracking up, which I think was starting to get on the tech's nerves.

The diabetes nurse was there when I had all of the difficult child's and remembered me. Her son is putting her through the wringer, so we spent over an hour discussing him! lol!

husband is sort of acting like a difficult child (just slightly) where he keeps doing "household jobs" that keep him out of sight of the kids. difficult child 1 is having an issue with it, but that just means he's crawling up my posterior!

We are taking difficult child 1 off all medications and tomorrow is his first day completely off everything since he's been 6. He asked me and the psychiatrist if he could give it a try. He wants to be like normal kids and not rely on medicine to keep himself together.

So far, this past week he's only been taking 2 mgs. of Abilify and tomorrow he'll be down to none. No real difference, but the side effects are completely gone.

Still tired, but not as much!

Thanks again for asking - the evil sisters still have no idea that I'm pregnant (only my Dad and my youngest sister know) nor does my brother, so it's nice to have you guys to talk to!

Beth

klmno

I'm so happy that everything is going well- it sounds like the whole family is really doing well! Thank goodness, you deserve it! You're pretty brave to try difficult child coming off medications right now, but I don't blame you under those circumstances- and shoot, he's been on them a pretty long time. If he needs to go back on, this will probably be a good way for him to accept that it is what he has to have.

I chuckled over the comment about looking like ET. When difficult child was born and people asked me "well, what do you think", I swear, I said, "He is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen but he looks like ET. Don't worry, I love him and he's gorgeous". I bet the kids end up thinking this too!!

susiestar

Roll With It
I also chuckled about the ET thing. In the video my cousin took of his oldest daughter's first moments, there is one where he is filming through the nursery glass and refers to her as "Daddy's little ET". His wife dang near ripped his head off when she heard it. He forgot the camera had audio!!! We were all ROFLMBO!!!

We want regualr updates here!!!! Please don't make us beg. I think a new baby is just so cool. But I always wanted another, always wanted 4. But the last one was too dangerous, so I had tubes tied. Anyway, are you showing yet?? Any cravings??

Sorry husband is being a difficult child. Just send the kids out to visit him while he does chores - you know, to "help" him??

Anyway, glad all went well with the high risk appointment. I hopw you don't ahve diabetes with this preg.

Hugs,

susie

nvts

When I had difficult child 3, I had edima (sp?) and was starting to fill up with wicked amounts of water. She was in 26cc's of fluid rather than 15 or 16. Basically, she was absolutely water logged! She was in distress when she was born, so I didn't see her right away, they buzzed her straight up to the nicu!

I've got to admit, I was sick when they did the c-section so I was pretty wasted with the medications they gave me, so I didn't wake up for several hours after the birth. They rolled me upstairs to see her and I was shocked.

Her forehead and cheeks were so full of fluid, she only had slits where her eyes should have been! Eeeeeewwwww!

The OB came in and said "welp, you've done it again! What a beautiful baby! She's gorgeous!"

I looked at him (again, wacked off my gourd from the medications) and said "were we looking at the same baby? OMG! Let's hope she's got a good personality!"

Six years later, I walk in and tell him I think I'm pregnant and his first response is: "only if you admit that your third wasn't that ugly!"

:rofl::rofl:

I LOVE my OB!

Beth

klmno

"were we looking at the same baby? OMG! Let's hope she's got a good personality!"

Oh, you are bad, girl!! LOL!

Well, a sense of humor can get you thru a lot- I have to admire you!!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Sounds great!!! This Auntie is very excited. I hope you continue to feel good. The board has an ET. Our own little alien... well I guess a lot of our G'sFG are alien like?
With K's first ultrasound, her arm went up like she was waving so when the tech printed it up he printed "Hi Mom & Dad" across the bottom. I loved it!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Glad everything is going well. It's always such an exciting time, but I'd rather live it vicariously through you than myself. At 16 weeks, you must be getting a little tummy by now!

Abbey

nvts

Abbey! Unfortunately, I tend not to "show" as I'm in that "not so unique" situation of needing to lose 10 or 70 pounds without being pregnant! lol!

I do get that feeling every once and a while of your stomach going rigid, which is great when I'm crawling around on the floor and digging under the couch for Bionicle pieces!

Quite the attractive sight, I must say!

Beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
Hello baby - coochie coochie - how ish my widdle niecy? I know you hear your silly Aunti Star - and I think she's beautiful YES I DOOOOOOO coochie

Sooooooo ultrashound eh? Is dah inch verm a girl verm or a boy verm?

or was inch worm my clue and I missed it?