So what about YOU......

Marguerite

Hawaiian pizza is difficult child 3's favourite. With olives. I make it a lot, with fresh pineapple. There is an Aussie invention that peels and cores pineapple one slice at a time, a very small simple gadget. It takes pineapple from an awkward, messy fruit to buy, It something easy and delicious.

In Australia we do stuff like put pineapple on a savoury pizza, or beetroot and sometimes pineapple too, on a burger. The best Aussie burger takes a double fist to hold it. In Australia you usually have to ask for the beetroot to be left off the burger, if you don't want it. Default setting generally is "with beetroot". Pineapple, bacon and cheese are extras. Salad never is.

Marg

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I don't like the pizza with pineapple and ham. I like brick oven type pizza on the very thin crust with mozz cheese, roma tomatoes, and sauce (pizza ala Margherita).

My faves were the pizzas husband used to make right on the outdoor grill. Paper thin, smokey crusts, fresh mozz (not the skim milk kind), some sort of onions, garlic, kalamata olives and anchovies. WONDERFUL!!!

I LOL because that was an early "compatibility test" for husband and I; did we both love garlic and anchovies.

Nowadays, I keep a couple of tins of anchovies in house to doctor up purchased pizzas at the time of arrival.

Heck, you can't even GET anchovies on a pizza anymore. I must be in a real minority when it comes to liking the salty, fishy little buggers.

Abbey

Spork Queen
GoingNorth - I used to visit a small pizza place in CA that had the BEST white sauce pizza with anchovies. Now, on any given day I would never eat them, but it gave the pizza just the salty flavor that was wonderful. The owner was Polish and said it 'was a must.' He was right.

Abbey

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Abbey, anchovies are used in a lot of cuisines (including French and Italian), as flavor boosters in sauces and stews. They add saltiness and highlight the other flavors with adding a "fishy" taste.

I also like anchovy paste (anchovies ground up with butter and/or olive oil) as an additive to foods. It's also good spread very thinly on buttered toast.

I have to go down South (Chicago or Milwaukee area) to get anchovy paste these days. It comes in little tubes and I love the stuff.

I haven't made up my mind about white pizza. husband did one with an "alfredo" type sauce that was very good, but i've not found them for sale in a form that I like.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
GN, I use anchovies when I make a Niçois dressing to put on a "salade blanche" of veggies, made of white beans, cauliflower, and boiled potatoes. No one knows and they love it. There is also pissaladière which is an onion tart with Niçois olives and anchovies. I love it.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I CANNOT BELIEVE that the censor just changed the name of that great Niçois specialty.:rofl:

I can only imagine what it would do if I wrote the French word for dandelion!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
ROFLM Cest'bon bon bons off.......dandelions.....OMG.....:tongue:

anchovies? oh no no no......:sick: NO.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I actually knew the one for the onion tart, courtesy of husband's having been a chef (get a good recipe; this thing is delicious!). I didn't know the one for the dandelion salad, though I eat and like the early dandelion greens as part of a "spring" salad. They add a bitter/tangy note that cuts the sweetness of some of the "baby" greens also used.