Some Good News

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Hound dog, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

It's not stupendous or anything, but it does make me feel better.

Since the estate funds aren't over 40k, the kids won't get notification, in other words, no letter to katie. whew Funds under 40k in ohio without a will go directly to the wife.

Since the estate is under 400k, I won't be paying inheritance taxes. Like I told the lawyer, sometimes it's mighty good to be poor. lol

I found one bank statement for sept for the acct that is empty. I still need to find the one that has the funds in it, but finding the empty one tells me it is here somewhere......I just need to figure out where I put it. That she has an amt of balance helps her but the bank is being uncooperative about the accts until I'm appointed executor.

Now.......

I'm glad I put off paying the funeral director. Because she's using the fact that I need to pay him, to push through the executor thing faster, much faster. Once that is done, bank has no choice but to cooperate over <acronym title="Dear Husband">husband</acronym>'s accts.

And I delivered to her all the original paperwork from signing the house and the insurance paperwork. I again told her that I know I got that policy and how and why I know I got it, added it might have been through someone the bank used at the time for such things and not the bank itself......So, we shall see.

Lawyer does taxes and if it's too much for <acronym title="Perfect Child">easy child</acronym> to straighten out, she can take care of that. (yay!)

Travis picked up the info to get his w2 forms.............and a copy of them from kroger this morning. :)

Like I said, not much but it does make me feel better.

2. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

Every little bit helps, hmm?

:hugs:

3. TeDo

TeDo Guest

You may say it's not much but I hear how huge some of this stuff is. Glad things are moving in the right direction and hope they continue that way. I will be rooting for you!!

4. InsaneCdn

InsaneCdn Well-Known Member

Lisa - sometimes its like starting a freight train. It takes huge effort to get the momentum started, but once its rolling, look out. Here's hoping this is the start of your freight train!

5. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

These are many small things that amount to a HUGE thing. What a load off your back, I'm glad for you!

6. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

Yes, indeed. One step at a time. Good for you!

7. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

One thing at a time. Hugs.

8. buddy

buddy New Member

yipee! hugs, buddy

9. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

Oh wonderful.

10. HaoZi

HaoZi Guest

Little pieces falling into place make the bigger ones easier to fit. Glad to hear you've got a little less stress.