Son has job interview for government agency!

in a daze

Hi everyone,

Need positive vibes prayers and fingers crossed!

I was with him when he got the call.

Of course he could not be selected or there could be issues because of the oncoming administration. We are cautiously optimistic, and know that it may not happen. But this job could potentially change his life!

His reaction was muted as he's very anxious. He's having 4 wisdom teeth extracted. They are impacted and decayed. One was infected. He's been in pain for weeks. This is in the morning.

He's afraid of brain damage from the IV anesthesia. I have reassured him (I do this for a living). A little ironic coming from someone who has abused drugs and alcohol in the past, right?

If he doesn't call his dad or his uncle for a practice interview and tips, I am not going to be happy with him. Especially if he doesn't get the job.

I'll keep you posted....

Daze

Copabanana

So excited for him and you. No matter what happens this is a great accomplishment.
If he doesn't call his dad or his uncle for a practice interview and tips, I am not going to be happy with him
This could make him overly anxious and have the opposite effect than what you may want.

Good Luck!

Snow White

On the Mad Tea Party Ride
That's great news! I think we all know that cautious optimism feeling. But he got the call and that's the first step BIG step. Interviews are anxiety-inducing, even for the most level-headed people. The more he can practice an interview, the better he will be.

He's afraid of brain damage from the IV anesthesia. I have reassured him (I do this for a living). A little ironic coming from someone who has abused drugs and alcohol in the past, right?
That made me laugh - it's so ironic when they come out with these thoughts!

Hope his dental work goes smoothly. Sending prayers and positive waves your way!

Crayola13

Hi everyone,

Need positive vibes prayers and fingers crossed!

I was with him when he got the call.

Of course he could not be selected or there could be issues because of the oncoming administration. We are cautiously optimistic, and know that it may not happen. But this job could potentially change his life!

His reaction was muted as he's very anxious. He's having 4 wisdom teeth extracted. They are impacted and decayed. One was infected. He's been in pain for weeks. This is in the morning.

If he doesn't call his dad or his uncle for a practice interview and tips, I am not going to be happy with him. Especially if he doesn't get the job.

I'll keep you posted....

Daze
Great. I hope he is offered the job.