Sorry, I missed 30 but check this out....

LittleDudesMom

I missed last week's check in. Last week was our week 30 and we are in the midst of week 31!

I'm down 39.2 and can almost taste the 40 pound mark!!!!!! Still going strong with the water exercising - usually I do 4 classes a week plus one or two days of laps or finning. I had two weeks (29 and 30) where I didn't do as well with my fruits and veggis; but the exercise is keeping me going. Slow and steady, slow and steady........

Now, this is what I wanted you to check out:

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1827106,00.html

What do you think about that?

Touch base ladies and let me know what's going on. Can't wait to hear how your first WW week went Wendy!

Sharon

trinityroyal

Sharon, congratulations on being this close to the 40 lb mark!
That is a very interesting article. Ties in with other research I have read that suggests fidgeting keeps pounds off.

I feel so much better being back to a regular schedule. I am trying to shake off the last of the bad habits that I picked up on the road trip. No more giant plates of nachos with melted cheese every night before bed, but I'm still indluging in the occasional (EXTRA LARGE) bag of cheesies. I have promised myself that when this last bag (currently half-done) is finished, I'm not buying any more. Now if only I had the will power to just throw them away (sigh).

My dance studio's Showcase competition is this Friday, and I'm getting more and more nervous. I am scheduled to do 6 dances (cha-cha, rumba, swing, salsa, tango and merengue) and all of a sudden I seem to have grown 2 left feet. At the dress rehearsal the other night, and I danced in my performance dress for the first time. Normally I wear shorts and a t-shirt. Dancing in a flowing dress with spangles that twirl around with each turn felt so weird that I forgot 1/2 of my steps. Well...they say bad dress rehearsal means a good performance (fingers crossed that it's true).

Hope everyone had a great week 30, and that week 31 is going well so far.

Trinity

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sharon-Very cool about the near 40 pound mark:yourock::whistle::woohoo:

Trinity-I bet you will do great at the dance competition:cutie_pie::cutie_pie: I'm glad you are getting back to a regular schedule!

The article is interesting. I think years ago I had that lazy gene but must have overcome it somewhat as at least I exercise but am otherwise somewhat sedentary when I get the chance!

Well it's been almost a month since I last worked at ww due to all the traveling and it probably won't be pretty on Saturday when I finally do weigh in.

The girl's weekend away was not a healthy eating weekend whatsoever! It sure was delicious though-you should have seen the food at the wedding. Appetizers galore, open bar, french onion soup, bread, salad, sorbet, filet mignon, mashed potatoes, veggies, wedding cake served with a side of ice cream on top of a chocolate dish-yummmmmmm. Yes, I ate it all:916blusher: but it sure was good and I don't indulge like that often. Let's see on the positive side, they offered a ton of other desserts that I passed on, of course, I couldn't eat another bite!

I'm still exercising and am trying to get back on track with the eating.

busywend

LDM! WOW! 39.2 pounds??!!! You are awesome! I am sure you can taste that 40 pound mark. I can only hope to lose that much!

I weigh in tonight, so I will update then. I think it will be 3 lbs down from last week. I still feel like I am carrying some water weight, so we will see.

My saviors this week have been:
*the mini wheat pita with a thin layer of peanut butter in the AM (my grocery store brand pita is 1 point for a pita).
*skinny cow fudge bars
*almonds (roasted by unsalted) they just have something that keeps me satisfied - can't eat many (10 nuts are 2 points)

Probably should increase the water intake as well. I start walking tonight!

LittleDudesMom

Trinity, hopefully hubby will record some of your dancing so we can see you again! What are cheesies?? Cheese doodles????

Sharon, daggone, that wedding food sounds, well, good!!! I know you will make up for the additional calories on the eliptical!

Wendy, can't wait to hear from you tonight!!!

Keep hanging ladies!

Sharon

trinityroyal

Trinity, hopefully hubby will record some of your dancing so we can see you again! What are cheesies?? Cheese doodles????

Cheesies are those puffy orange squiggly snacks covered in orange cheese-flavoured dust that gunks up your fingertips. The most common brand name here is Cheetos, but I suspect Cheese Doodles are similar if not the same thing.

A typical party snack, usually in big plastic bowl between the potato chips and the pretzels.

They are greasy and salty and chemical-y. They are very very very bad for me and I LOVE them.

busywend

Trinity - Troyer Farms Cheese Puffs are THE BEST all time snack for me. boyfriend even buys me a bag now and then as a treat!

OK - no more cheesies for me!

I lost 4.5 pounds this week!!!! WAHOO!! I am off to a great start. Now, if all my medical issues would magically disappear....(blurry vision, high BiPolar (BP), retaining water, another lump in one of my ladies) I am sooo tired of doctors!

LittleDudesMom

Wendy - 4.5 pounds down!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yipee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good for you, hopefully the other health issues will follow the healthy trend you are on with weight loss.

Sharon

JJJ

Well, week 30 would have shown an increase in weight due to the picnic at Kanga's Residential Treatment Center (RTC) (and the nice dinner my mom and I had on the way home :) ) But week 31 shows me back on track, with a total weight loss of ...

14.2 pounds​

Loving Abbey 2

Not really a Newbie
Sharon, Way to Go!!!!!! On the article, it's interesting. I've never thought of myself as "lazy" or really anyone in my family are particularly "lazy". But in thinking about this article, nearly all the members of my family, myself included, do a lot of things...But no one is into sports or was even on a sports team for any length of time. We all do more like art, music, building/creating, design, reading/education, cooking, etc. So while we are all active participants in life, we are not actually active people. Those who do exercies have to really, really, work at it. And nearly all the women in the family have battled weight issues, to the extent that even those who have been successful at weight loss must continue a strict diet and large amounts of exercise to keep it off. Needless to say that most of us are able to lose weight with a lot of work but then usually put it back on because we back off on the exercise a bit or eat a bit less healthy.

Trinity, I'm sure you will be great! I'd love to see pictures! Sea salt and vinegar potatoe chips to me are like Cheesies are to you. I can't even have them in the house because I will eat the whole bag in one sitting with a bottle of gingerale.

WP/Sharon-it's good to treat yourself to good food once in a while. I think it helps to not feel so deprived.

Wendy 4.5lbs is wonderful!!!

JJJ-good for you to be able to get back on track!!

As for me, The 4lbs I was up the week before last is gone again. After a few days of weighing, I am solidly back to my 15lbs lost (14-16lbs range). I'm getting into some of my old clothes--which include some form fitting size large shirts which are very comfortable now and the buttons don't pop open and reveal all! As for my mental health, I am back on track and feeling positive again. I haven't been getting too much exercise but I'm hoping to get going again. Once I get the money to pay the attorney for my divorce (maybe 6 weeks), I'm planning on purchasing a tread mill or eliptical. And the best part is my employer will reimburse me up to $150 for the purchase. It's spread out over three months but still!

For the bad news, I smoked 3 cigarettes last weekend. They were soooo good, but I have been paying for it all week. Between the cigarettes and the horrible humidity my asthma has really been acting up. Lesson learned.

LittleDudesMom

Congrats JJJ! That is awesome!!!! Keep up the good work.

Healthy eating is trade off - one "bad" picnic just means loading up on fruits and veggies the next day or two and adding some minutes to your work out! I've found this philosophy really helpful when faced with a social eating "obligation" or a cookout when I just wanted that cheeseburger and bun!!!!

Again, great work!

Sharon

busywend

Absolutely, if I thought for one minute I had to give up having a cheeseburger or cake forever - I would never do it!

It just has to fit into my lifestyle now.