State Graduation Testing Next Week

StressedM0mma

So NOT looking forward to this. You all know what a battle it is for difficult child to get to school on time as it is. Let's just toss this into the mix. If she is late, she is not allowed to take that section of the exam! Anxiety anyone? (for difficult child and for me!) I cannot wait for next weekend to get here!

buddy

Nice thing is there are make ups. Will they provide small space or alone testing.? I know the staff has let you down so much. How about that one psychiatric for this?
When she's done? We're having a grad party for YOU!

StressedM0mma

Oh Buddy I wish she were done after these tests. They take them 10th grade yr. so they have time for make ups if they fail. She is just fine taking the tests. She took the PSAT already. (And of course did great!) So, she doesn't need a small room or anything, it is just the getting her to be on time. And, yes the school has let us down so many times. But, all of you here have been a great help in explaining to me what difficult child is entitled to because of her anxiety and everything else.

And I HATE these tests too. They are just stupid. They do not prove anything other than a child can take that type of test. easy child is terrible at them, and difficult child has always scored 99% on them. When she was younger she would have whole sections without a wrong answer. And yet, easy child was my National Honor Society student, and difficult child is flunking out! I would love to talk to some of the folks that think these "help" our kids and teachers.

DDD

Since we just had the time change...could you make sure the alarm goes off an hour early? Fingers crossed. DDD

StressedM0mma

Hahaha! Thanks. I may take you up on it! difficult child has it in her mind that she will be able to graduate a year early and leave for college. Dream World party of 1?

Bunny

I firmly believed that these tests are not to see how the kids are doing. They're to see how's the teachers are donning and if the kids are making progress. The teachers knows this and this is why they do test prep for more than a month before the tests are actually given (at least they do that in our district). By the time the tests actually get here the kids are so nervous about them.

How did she do getting to school this morning? I hope it went okay.

StressedM0mma

Oh it was a morning. She got my hopes up that is for sure. She was awake at 6, and I got her something to eat. She of course stayed in bed with the I'm awake. She basically self sabotaged again. We pulled up at 7:30. She was wondering if she should even go in. I basically threw her out of the car and drove away. I was so angry and disappointed in her. She really just showed me that she is so incapable of being responsible. It really pushed me to the very limit. She wasn't nervous at all, she "just didn't sleep well last night" So over her right now.

buddy

Yeah, she may have true anxiety some days but it happens so conveniently that it seems like she is pushing it sometimes????

Glad you sent her on her merry way. Hope you can do something for you today.

StressedM0mma

IC, she really wasn't concerned about the exam at all. She aces these tests without even trying. I swear sometimes she is just really trying to see how far she can go. I am hoping tmrw morning is a little better.