state statute for behavior intervention....

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by buddy, Mar 5, 2012.

1. buddy

buddy New Member

[h=1]I was researching transition planning ideas and ended up reading through the disability law stuff on the MN governmental website for rules and statutes.....

How many of us really think this is being done for our kids?

3525.0850 BEHAVIOR INTERVENTIONS.[/h]This policy is intended to encourage the use of positive approaches to behavioral interventions. The objective of any behavioral intervention must be that pupils acquire appropriate behaviors and skills. It is critical that behavioral intervention programs focus on skills acquisition rather than merely behavior reduction or elimination. Behavioral intervention policies, programs, or procedures must be designed to enable a pupil to benefit from an appropriate, individualized educational program as well as develop skills to enable them to function as independently as possible in their communities.

[h=2]Statutory Authority:[/h]MS s 121.11; L 1994 c 647 art 3 s 23

[h=2]History:[/h]19 SR 2432; L 1998 c 397 art 11 s 3
  2. InsaneCdn

InsaneCdn Well-Known Member

Rhetorical question, of course...

But... good ammo for the meeting tomorrow!
  3. klmno

klmno Active Member

Buddy, there are many laws on the books that aren't being followed by the gov agencies our taxpayers dollars are paying for. It takes advocacy, attnys, screaming out, and anything else you can think of to get anyone to pay attention. Most people really don't give two hoots about difficult children or their rights. I'm sorry to say that, but I really think it's true. We warrior parents are here to make a difference, in my humble opinion. It's our kids that are paying the price.
  4. buddy

buddy New Member

5. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

I have a feeling they are going to seriously regret making it necessary for you to go read those rules and decisions. Oh well.
  6. buddy

buddy New Member

I'm locked and loaded. My advocate kept saying you need to get really angry. I think I have hit that mark.
  7. TeDo

TeDo Guest

:abouttime:YIPPPPEEEEEE!! She's FINALLY ready to get "down and dirty". Go Get 'Em Warrior Mom!!!

8. buddy

buddy New Member

funny TeDo! you are all great.