Step 5 completed!

Nancy

difficult child just called to say she completed step 5 with Pastor Betsy, then went out by the pond and burned it as suggested. Said she feels very relieved and is ready to come home. She gets her 60 day coin tomorrow at the AA meeting and a coin for completing step 5. Her counselor is coming in tomorrow on her day off to complete her discharge plan and is buying difficult child a bracelet from the gift shop.

When she comes home she has IOP (intensive outpatient program) Mon-Thurs 10-1 and has a psychiatrist and psychologist appointment set up. She is ready to come home and we are ready to have her come home. I want to be hopeful but I know there is still a lot of work to do.

Nancy

klmno

Way To Go!! Many pats on the back are due!! I'm glad she's getting the OP treatment too, and that it's already lined up. I hope you continue to go to alanon meetings- things might be better than you ever thought they would be by this time next year, Nancy!

Ephchap

Nancy, I know that feeling you're describing - cautiously optimistic. She does need to continue to work the program back at home, in the real world. Attending the intensive outpatient is a great next step. I know you'll be nervous, yet excited, about her returning home.

Hugs.
Deb

Nancy, I think it's a good sign that you guys are ready to have her come home -- that your gut says it's OK (for now anyway).

I think it's fabulous that she completed step 5 -- this makes me feel celebratory.

I want to be hopeful for her too. One day at a time (I'm in recovery since 1989).

Take care of yourself.

Jo

Nancy

Thank you Jo and congratulations to you.

difficult child sounds so hopeful and excited on the phone. She really wants this and of course we want it for her. I am excited for tomorrow and will try to remember to take one day at a time.

Nancy

DDD

I'm thrilled for you all and have my fingers crossed that she will be able to transition back to her home and her own community. Continuing prayers sent. DDD