Support Team In Place???

DDD

December 18th is THE big court date. I have done every single, solitary thing I can do to advocate for easy child/difficult child. "The system" will decide this week whether I am right that it makes NO sense
to take a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) patient and lock him up for a year or 2 or 5 :crying: because two policemen thought "he appeared" to be
intoxicated but did no tests to verify it.

With Christmas around the corner the 18th is looming in an exaggerated emotional way for the family. husband and I are aging
(particularly husband) and we want our son home for the holiday. We
absolutely 100% know that IF he can get rehabilitation for his
brain issues it HAS to be with our guidance. Nobody else cares
or understands because...he appears too normal on the outside.
He truly has to be helped toward independence or he will end up
a designated number in the State's roster.

It is discouraging to know that Deb's boy has been denied his
right to be independent by her State's system. I am truly very
fearful for easy child/difficult child, too. Please lend whatever form of support you can for "my child" who is an adult with a zillion things going against him. Thanks, DDD

everywoman

I will keep easy child/difficult child in my prayers as always. I try to remember him at least once a day--but I will up my thoughts between now and then. It makes no sense to punish anyone with a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) for appearing to be intoxicated.

F

flutterbee

I think about your grandson often. I'll be praying extra hard for him in the next week.

(((hugs)))

goldenguru

Bless your heart for doing all that you could do. I'm sure this must be a very stressful wait. For you. For him. For the entire family.

Sending hugs, prayers and best wishes.

:flower:

Ephchap

Trust me, with all the stress weight I've gained, you do NOT want me to do the naked chicken dance.
:rofl:
I am, however, sending many hugs and prayers that things go well. I'm hopeful that someone there in that courtroom will see what an injustice has been done to easy child/difficult child.

I'll be there with you, my friend, on your shoulder - helping you to be strong.

Hugs,
Deb

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
I was thinking of you this morning when I signed on, DDD. Missed this post until now, sorry about that - missed out on 2 days I could have already been praying fiercely for your boy!

:angel: :warrior: :flower:

Count me in as another mom rattling beads, crossing body parts, thinking good thoughts, sending you support, and praying lots!

Peace

meowbunny

Another one who missed this post until now. I'll be lighting a candle and saying prayers. Let justice not be blind this time around but see that there are better ways to help this young man.

KFld

Count me in for sending thoughts and prayers. Hopefully they will see that you are right and he can be home for the holidays. I'll be keeping all my body parts crossed.

SunnyFlorida

Ole Sunny is sending some rays of sunshine your way DDD. As usual I'm flitting about. I've got the pretzle dance going and the beads a flappin'.

I'll be flittin' around yur ear when you're in that courtroom.

Best of luck that the system works better.

I understand completely. I will probably be you in another month. I am still waiting for my sons court date. He is sitting in the county jail and has been for two months. He is safer in there than on the streets or at home! I will think of you and pray for you and the system. Ihope you will do that for me too! Sincerely sending hugs -

DDD

It's Saturday night and NOT ONCE has he heard a thing from his
PD about Tuesday morning. He wants us to wait to decorate the
tree until Tuesday night BUT :thumbsdown: "if they don't let me
come home you'll just have to do it like usual so it is just right for my baby sister." Good Grief! I know for a fact that the PD and the SAO have professional and independent PROOF that
his brain damage is severe.........and yet they are leaving him
in limbo until Court. This is one ugly place. DDD

We are thinking of you and praying that the PD will come to his senses! I know what it is like to wait. I have sent my sons PD many letters, etc. no replies. I feel like I am waiting for a bomb to go off. That is when you have to take care of yourself and turn it over to a Higher Power that can carry youthrough whatever. It is harder when, like your son, is sitting there right before your eyes waiting. My sonis in jail waiting. The young boy that he gave pills to called me yesterday and wondered how much time my son got - I said I have no idea - he said his mother got a card in the mail wondering if she wanted to be present at his hearing! I said when is it and he didnt know?! Talk about letting the fammily know!!!!!! :hammer:

DDD

Susan, my grandson has been incarcerated since July so I only see him in Court where they keep having continuances. Since he
has brain damage (Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)) he submitted a letter to the PD asking that I be informed of any action etc. Still no word. I do understand that the attorneys can not communicate information with the family members due to privacy protection for adults but
in our case that shouldn't be applicable.

I am sorry that you are under so much emotional strain wondering
about your son. There really should be a better way! Hugs. DDD

rejectedmom

We absolutely 100% know that IF he can get rehabilitation for his
brain issues it HAS to be with our guidance. Nobody else cares
or understands because...he appears too normal on the outside.
He truly has to be helped toward independence or he will end up
a designated number in the State's roster.

DDD I really do understand why you feel this way. I am sure you remember many of my sad and despairing posts about my son and his situation. I too was in this place. My son did go to prison and it was not a good thing but he did survive and he did get out and things are better now. He is in a group home and in a program endorsed by his PO where people do care about him and they do understand how he appears normal but really isn't. I can honestly say that a year ago I never believed that this could happen. So I am praying that the judge orders your son into a similar program and you find the same thing to be true.

We do not have to do it all by ourselves. There are good people out there who really do care. We just have to find them which admittedly isn't an easy task. Please hold hope in your heart.

My difficult child is doing fairly well right now. While I know that this could be short-lived, I have learned that there are people out there that can understand him and will do their best to keep him on track. This is truly wonderful because it frees me up to just love him and support him. What a joyous break from having to moniter and police his every move. This is what I wish for you and will continue to pray for. -RM

Ephchap

DDD,

One more day ... I'm twisting body parts tighter, hoping and praying for a good outcome.

Thinking of you. Hugs,
Deb

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
:warrior: <span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'> <span style='font-size: 18'>Thinking of You today!! </span> </span> :warrior:

Peace