surgery at 1:30 pm today

Sue C

I hope you don't mind my writing this on this forum, but I am most comfortable here. :)

I am having surgery at 1:30 pm today to remove a basal cell skin cancer spot on my nose. I was worried that I'd be left with a hole in my nose, but the surgeon told me she will be pulling the skin together and stitching it. She says I will only have a thin scar line.

Anyway, your prayers and thoughts would be appreciated that the surgeon gets all the cancer removed. (I was told there is a 55% chance I will get skin cancer again. I wasn't too happy about that but...........at least it is not Melanoma. That would be bad. Basal cell skin cancer does not spread to organs and is slow growing.

Thanks!
Sue

Fran

Former desparate mom
Sending good thoughts that all goes well today Sue. No matter how simple and minor we worry.
We will rattle our worry beads for you today.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sue

Thinking positive thoughts, saying prayers, and crossing body parts that doctor gets all the cancer cells and you have a fast recovery.

Hugs

Sue C

Surgery went fine. The surgeon got all the cancer. I have inner and outer stitches (7 outer which must be removed in a week). I'm supposed to take it easy for a few days so that it does not start bleeding. Aw, shucks---no heavy housework. ;)

Half the freezing is thawed out. My nose hurts. They told me to take Tylenol. Yeah, like that helps. Not.

Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts.

Gotta rest.
Sue

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
Sue - didn't see the post until this evening. Glad everything went well.

Just a side note, my dad had a basal cell skin cancer spot on his nose removed over 5 years ago and there is really no noticeable scar at all.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Well, OUCH, that probably doesn't feel good at all. Great news that the doctor is so optimistic, Sue. I hope it heals quickly.

Hugs,
Suz

Star*

call 911........call 911
You know SOME GIRLS will do ANYTHING to loose even the tiniest bit of weight -

I hope this finds you recovering! Many hugs - SO glad to hear it isnt melanoma! VERY glad.

Hugs
Star

Estherfromjerusalem

Sue, I hope by now you are feeling much better, and that the pain at least is easing.

Sorry I didn't write earlier, but I only now saw this thread.

Thank heavens it wasn't a melanoma. Rattling beads for a speedy recovery.

Love, Esther

ctmom05

Sue,

May you have an uneventful recovery and an even more uneventful follow up period.

It's not easy going thru this kind of medical experience. Please do the best you can to treat yourself well.

Sue C

Star -- You made me LOL with your comment: "SOME GIRLS will do ANYTHING to loose even the tiniest bit of weight."

Meowbunny -- I do plan on staying out of the sun, but the funny thing is I rarely go out in the sun the way it is. I was told, however, that you usually get this skin cancer from burning when you were a kid. I don't remember my mom buying suntan lotion and I did play outside. Must have burned my nose a lot?? I was told there is a 55% chance of getting skin cancer again which does not thrill me.

Anyway, it is feeling much better today. Thanks everyone,
Sue

Coookie

Sue,

Glad your surgery went well and they got it all. Pretty scary... :2scared: Hope your recovery is quick and relatively pain free. :)

Hugs