Surprisingly pleasant

Wiped Out

Staff member
weekend. I went home this weekend. First to visit with my mom which many of you will remember is always depressed and she also always complains we don't stay long enough, we can't do anything right, etc...

Mom was actually pleasant the entire day, never once complained about our leaving. We ended up going to a very small amusement park and meeting my brother's family. The middle son who is 24 does great with difficult child and he and my sister in law went on rides with them so husband and I wouldn't have to because we get sick on anything that spins (thankfully we don't get sick on roller-coasters). It was a very nice afternoon. I even got to see Mom laugh a few times which is very rare for her.

Then we headed to my dad's. Dad is great and his wife is nice and means well but her and difficult child rub each other the wrong way. Both have valid points. She gets upset very easily with even the littlest difficult child activity. For his part, I think he knows he easily gets on her nerves so he is not too pleasant to her. This weekend, however, they both did well over all. difficult child had a few rough moments and she handled them very well.

Today we were able to meet with my very good friends from growing up. One I've been friends with since 2nd grade the other since 7th grade. It was great. We all had our kids and had a nice picnic.

Most of the weekends back home can be stressful but this was a nice change. easy child even acted easy child for the most part!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks Ladies! I have to say this was the most pleasant visit I've ever had, especially with my mom!