Taffy got a reprieve!!!

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by TerryJ2, Apr 30, 2009.

1. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

Taffy has been super good lately. Her rear legs and her hips are much better. I was thinking she was rallying because dogs often do that at the end.
    But then I realized--since it's her "last days," I've been feeding her table scraps, as well as locking her in my ofc so she can eat her regular food, so Starbucks doesn't eat it (he's a terrible thief, and a pig).

So ... she's EATING.

Uh, duh.

Doesn't totally explain why her rear legs are better, but it does explain her energy level.

I am so relieved! I will sleep better tonight. :sunny::singing::cool_dog:

2. Jena

Jena New Member

aw, thats' so so sweet. i can just see her little face. your killing me with this story by the way lol.

sending Taffy ((((hugs)))

3. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Maybe the "rest" helped her legs?? Or has the weather changed? Molly does that with her arthritis. She'll have a really bad few days and then for no apparent reason be fine again.

Glad she's eating and moving again. I know you've got to be enormously relieved!!!

Yea Taffy!!!! :D :D :D

4. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

That's wonderful news! :D

5. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

I'm so glad, Terry!

6. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

What great news!!! :thumbsup:

7. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

Go Taffy!!!

Abbey

8. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

What a relief!

9. Shari

Shari IsItFridayYet?

Wonderful news!

10. TerryJ2

Thank you all!

I cancelled the appointment with-the vet, but forgot to call our lawn maintenance guy. He tapped on the window to show me the nice hole they'd dug.

Gulp.

Well, now it will be easier to dig when the real event happens. :embarassed::erm:

11. Jena

Jena New Member

LOL ok that was funny. That's great though, do you feel relieved?? I bet.

12. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

IF ever invited to your house - remind me to eat like a Norseman.

GOOOOOOO Taffy!

I'm terribly happy for you Terry. I don't think anyone had forgotten how dismal Tuesday was going to be for you, Taffy and everyone who cares about you both.

by the way - Did Starbucks WIN that contest?

13. TerryJ2

Oh, no, he didn't. In fact, we went from #1 to #54 or something. There were a LOT more entries. And you could rate other dogs really low to boost your own ratings. Oh well.

Yes, I am SO relieved about Taffy.