Taking a break

M

ML

I haven't been providing any kind of support here for some time now and realize just how disconnected I am from everyone. I was hurt that no one responded to my post about manster going away from home for the first time and then realized I had no right to expect anyone to care because I have not been there for "you" either, not for some time.

Many of you know my email so please contact me if you need me. I will be back when I can be a better board participant.

Love you all,

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Take the time you need..... just remember the board is growing. Not all threads can be addressed & it isn't personal. Sweetie, I'm to the point where I can only respond when it's something which with I have an absolute connection. I've never had the tweedles spend a night away unless it was in the phospital or Residential Treatment Center (RTC). Had no clue what to say.....

flutterby

Fly away!
ML - I haven't been spending as much time here lately. Sorry. I check in every couple of days, but am so overwhelmed with my own stuff that I just don't have much to offer anyone else.

I hope Manster's trip goes well. I think it's especially good for our AS kids to get away from home a bit so they can learn that they really can do x, y, and z on their own, Know what I mean??

Estherfromjerusalem

ML -- sorry you felt like that. I also am not very active any more.

Do what you feel you want to do, but know that here you are accepted and loved and hugged, no matter what.

Love, Esther

H

HaoZi

ML - so sorry. Mine is still too young for such things, and while I try to at least toss *hugs* at people even when I have no experience in a particular area, I do miss things a lot, too. The only lengthy time kiddo spent away from home was at psychiatric hospital or visiting grandparents when she was much much younger.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I was absent because I got my CDL -

I am so sorry honey - I didn't see the post and have been a lousy emailer - I have 1,795 emails in my inbox I have not answered if it makes you feel better?

I love you!

trinityroyal

ML, I'm sorry. I haven't been around much lately either, and when I have been it's been mostly lurking.

I've noticed over the years that we go through waves where we're just overwhelmed in RL and have a bit of "board fatigue". I'm sorry that your message got missed. Know that it wasn't personal. I do think about you often and wonder how Manster is faring.

Many hugs,
Trinity

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
ML, I learned a long time ago that we can't take fickle board responses personally and I'm sorry that your feelings got hurt.

Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason to why some threads provoke a lot of responses and some not. And some people provoke a lot of responses and some not. I think the longest thread I've ever seen was years ago and it started with "How often do you change your sheets?" Obviously it was not very serious but it was something that over a hundred members could relate to. It doesn't make it any easier when you are only looking for a little support, and it's not fair, but unfortunately it is what it is.

I don't come around very often anymore so I missed your post altogether. Big hugs to you.

Suz

Steely

I just saw your post on general, and since I myself have been gone a long time, was happy to see your cute little paper clip avatar back in action!!!
I did not know, that it had been awhile since you posted. And I guess, like others, Matt would have already melted down before a camp out ever happened - so I did not know what to say - or how to respond.
I understand leaving the board, as I did that for a year - but I do hope you stay - because I remember your advice a lot from back in the day, and you had a lot to offer.
Hugs.

Wiped Out

Staff member
ML,
Sorry I haven't been around much lately. We have a ton going on at home and with work things that I haven't been on the board nearly as much as I like to be. I hope you are back here soon! (((hugs)))

DammitJanet

Like Suz, I have seen this many times. So many times posts just dont get as many responses as others. It isnt a reflection of who the poster is or whether people like them or not. Heck, even the mods have had posts get no responses! I remember the sheets post too. Sometimes the funniest posts get the most responses because they are so lighthearted. We also had one about boobs that went on and on forever...it was hilarious. I think we all just need the laugh at the time.

Dont stay away long. I know I should try to respond more but sometimes I just read because I cant think of a thing to say. My kids are grown and it seems like I have said everything dozens of times already.

Lothlorien

I agree with the others. Sorry no one responded to your thread. I don't get on general very often. I've also been a little amiss with posting to everyone, because of personal reasons. Please come when you need support.

M

ML

Thanks everyone.. I do get it isn't personal and it was the fact that I was hurt that alerted me to the reality that *I* haven't been consistent lately. I know everyone has a full in real life and this is as much if not more about realizing I'm not there for you! So I figured I'd just take a (short) hiatus till I could get my focus and be able to participate more myself. I didn't mean to make anyone feel bad. Though to be completely honest I did just come off Celexa and this is the first time in about 8 years I've been without medications and I seem to be feeling my feelings WAY more lol.

xoxoxoxo

Fran

Former desparate mom
ML, I understand about "feeling your feelings" a little too much.
I'm impressed with your ability to reflect on why things happened the way they did. My first question to myself is always "what did I do to cause this situation". Sometimes I am culpable and sometimes I'm not but it's a good first question to ask oneself.

You are a good person to have around to offer solace and advice. You are even handed and kind. Perfect for the job of member to a site like this.
Sometimes the funny threads get the attention but usually most of us need what you offer. A soft place to land. A response from a kind hearted person like yourself will mean the world and be remembered forever to someone. The funny posts will be chuckled about but hold little value when you are feeling the weight of raising a difficult child.

Hang in there ML, spring is around the corner.

tiredmommy

I hope you don't stay away too long... I really enjoy hearing about Manster. He's a great kid and you're a great mom. {{{Hugs}}}

Mom2oddson

I too hope you don't stay gone long.

With my difficult child's (mostly) out of the house, I'm not living the difficult child-life on a daily basis so I read mostly the P.E. and watercooler pages. And when I do read the General forum, I actually feel guilty because I'm not in the day-to-day grind of that world anymore. And as far as giving advice?? I feel like such a failure to my difficult children that I don't think anyone would/or should want my advice.

{{{Hugs}}}

N

Nomad

This seems like somewhat typical board activity.
UPs and downs, etc.
But your insight is good. I do think it is best to help others when possible. However, we've all been in that place where we just don't have the energy to do much of that.
Surely, when you feel better you will do more. This is obvious...since you are thinking about it.
I haven't been here in a looong time due to school and work.
My new work schedule is part time and school is finished, so I have a little more time and thought I would stop by.
Hope the situation with Manster going away for the first time wasn't too difficult and that things are ok.
Be well.

Jena

hey you,

i haven't read all the responses to this. i'm just going to say don't be offended. i too have done the exact same, i come in vent away sometimes i dont' even want a response lol i just gotta put it somewhere!!

i'm sorry you feel that way, yet dont' take a break you know deep down it helps just to release it. and yea there are soooo many posts i haven't taken the time to respond to either. soo many new ppl. i've just been reading thru quick when i can. our difficult child's are soooooooo out of control all of us it's awonder any of us get in here.

(((Hugs))) pm me your addy if you want. and where did manster even go?????

Jena

and by the way fran's right you are even handed!! tha'Tourette's Syndrome a huge compliment by the way!! and having you around does help. so feel away yet keep on posting and vent when you need to. sometimes just getting if off your chest like i said is theraputic enough. i am often witchy yet everyone's come to get that and me lol. we are all different and unique and super accepting which is what makes this place sooo helpful.

hugs again!!!!!