taking care mentally!

Well I am about to take care of myself mentally. This thursday and friday my husband is going to umpire a softball tournament in Ft. Myers, FL and I am going with him!!! I am excited. I had to take off 2 days of school to go but I really hate for him to go by himself and me to miss it. Anyway, my 17 year old is going to. It will be kinda a mini vacation. My husband will be on the ball field a lot but the change of scenery and I am sure we can find something to do. At least I wont have to cook and wash clothes and dishes!!! So that is what I am going to do. I was feeling guilty about it and thinking it wasnt really on a holiday and I probably shouldnt take the time off but you know I started thinking there is no time like the present. So wish us luck and I will let you know how it goes. I am hoping it is pretty.

LittleDudesMom

:beach_ball: Here's to walking on the beach (oh, hopefully you will be near the shore), wonderful weather :beach:, some good food :bbq:, a little relaxing :sleeping:, and most of all my favorite, a little retail therapy :shopping:!!!!!!!!

Sharon

scent of cedar

:)

Fort Myers is an absolutely beautiful place! Fort Myers Beach is where we used to go when the kids were little. After everything went so wrong for us, husband and I used to go there to stitch our marriage back together ~ and it worked, too.

I think you and your husband will love it!

I am sure you will be busy with baseball kinds of things while you are here, but if you have a chance, there is a place just down from the Pier on Fort Myers Beach (the Lani Kai) where you can sit on the roof during Happy Hour and eat chicken wings (or dinner) and watch the sun set over the ocean.

Perfect!

I am excited for you, Stands!

Barbara

Thanks all! I have had so many mixed feelings about it. You know I am not one to indulge myself first untiil at least all the dust has settled everywhere else but I am not getting any younger!!! I am excited too and you all make me feel so much better. It is nice to have something to look forward to every now and then. Love to all

Star*

call 911........call 911
YOU GO SUSAN!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOO HOWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEAHAHHHCHA CHA CHA>>>>>>

If you want to take 17 yo. to a really cool beach - go to Venice beach in Naples - it's not far from Ft. Myers and there are TONS of sharks teeth that wash up on the shore. Also less than 1/2 a mile off coast there under the sea is an old Indian grounds. You have to dive to see it - but it's fantastic. And occasionally pieces of eight wash up on shore. I was with a dive buddy and he found one -

I am so glad you are doing yourself mentally good.

Hugs
Star
ps bring me back something pretty! lol

trinityroyal

Susan,

Have a wonderful time!!!! I'm so glad to hear that you're getting away for a little while.
Ft. Myers is beautiful. Enjoy every moment, and take care of you.

Trinity