Teary moment

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Abbey, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

I get home from my first day at my new job and there is a package on my doorstep from my former store. Hmmm???

Aretha, the 'hat lady,' who always tried to one-up me with her hats, made me a neon pink hat that has studded on it - DJ Demo.

She brought in the store to have them mail it to me. Yes, I cried.:beautifulthing::lady::missyou::sad:

There was a little note card in it that simply said what she ALWAYS said to me..."Girl, you ain't got nothing. Now you do."

Abbey

2. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

Awwwww. So sweet.
    So, can you go to lunch with-her and wear the hat? :)

3. So Tired

So Tired Member

Wow! What a nice thing for her to do -- What a nice suprise for you! Wear it with pride!

4. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

Aw geez, Abbey. First I got teary-eyed reading about your hat...then I almost hurt myself trying to stifle a laugh when I saw your new title and picture.

Suz

5. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

Yes...I am the SPORK QUEEN!!!:thumbsup::woohoo:

Abbey

6. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

How sweet!

Now...you know what you have to do now don't you? You have to take that hat around on you errands one day, get a picture of you wearing it every place you go and send them back to Aretha.

7. nvts

nvts Active Member

Hmmmm, got a picture forming in my mind...um...yup...there it is:

Abbey, sitting at mother in law/father in law's kitchen table eating squash pie with her spork wearing nothing but an "I'm Not Too Skinny" t-shirt, granny panties and her pink sequined hat!

:916blusher::hellosoldier::rofl:

Beth

8. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

OMGosh! That is the sweetest thing. They all really do miss you! You should send her a picture with your hat on!

9. Abbey

Abbey Spork Queen

I am going to send her a picture. Got to find the right place, though.

Beth...you're idea was hysterical!!

Abbey

10. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Abbey you also need to find a way to include a picture of her hat in the book. I'm thinking it would be awesome on the front cover. :D

How sweet of her.

11. Shari

Shari IsItFridayYet?

Very cool.

12. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

Ohhhhhh! GREAT idea!

13. meowbunny

meowbunny New Member

You. made. me. spit. Coke. all. over. my. screen.

Thank you so very much. (Soon as I quit laughing, I'll clean it up.)

14. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

Record - the song "You can leave your hat on". ANd send it and a picture of you wearing the hat -

What a luv.