Thank Heavens, a peaceful holiday weekend

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by hexemaus2, Nov 29, 2010.

1. hexemaus2

hexemaus2 Old hand

Holy crapola. I cannot believe I'm saying this out loud.

We had a completely peaceful, relaxing holiday weekend.

No stress. No extended family. No difficult child issues. And the boys even put up all the leftovers after I asked once!!

Yup. I have been abducted by aliens and transplanted into a pseudo life that only resembles mine on the surface.

I love it!

This past weekend was the first Thanksgiving holiday I have honestly enjoyed in more than 10 years. WOW.

I almost think I need to pinch myself, but I'm afraid I'll wake up and realize it was all just a cruel dream.
  2. HaoZi

HaoZi Guest

3. Bunny

Bunny Guest

Don't yoiu love it when that happens? Congratulations!

4. LittleDudesMom

LittleDudesMom Well-Known Member Staff Member

:choir: Yippie!!

Good to hear your Thanksgiving holiday was stress-free!

Mine was, for the most part, stress-free (except for Thanksgiving when I was trying to get out of the house at 2 and my poor Spot had a bad reaction to his antibiotics and was sick (in the house) continually for about 90 minutes. I was 30 minutes late to dinner but they couldn't start without me since I had the mashed potatoes, gravy and relish platter).

Other than that, it was a quiet, family-filled holiday. Aren't they grand?!

5. DaisyFace

DaisyFace Love me...Love me not

Maybe you are still in your Turkey-Coma???

LOL! Glad to hear that everything was great!

(Don't jinx it)
  6. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

7. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

You're sure about this - not messing with my mind are you, Hex? :imok: Doesn't take much to confuse me of late.

Congrats on the peaceful holiday. :thanksgiving11::wine:
  8. hexemaus2

hexemaus2 Old hand

Yes Linda...I'm messing with your mind :hypnosis:

Thanks everyone for the congrats. Although, I'm wondering if they're both alright. They're STILL behaving, not stressing me, and doing their chores with little complaints.

I think something's wrong with them. Or maybe I'm terminal and no one told me yet. :doctor:
  9. HaoZi

HaoZi Guest

Maybe they want to be on Santa's "nice" list? ;)