The flu, doggie prozac, and the ranch

Steely

Well................ain't life grand.

I have had the flu for 4 days after an employee vomited all over himself and the floor and then came to tell me he "feels much better now". What? GO HOME!

My dog Chester who has not stopped barking or licking himself hot spots since difficult child left has now finally been xr doggie valium. Poor thing, he is actually bleeding from his neurotic itching and licking.

And..............I just got a call from the "ranch/Residential Treatment Center (RTC)" where difficult child is, and he is not doing well at all. I have not gotten all of the details yet...........but he is probably being as difficult as difficult child knows how to be..............which is pretty bad.

I could possibly be finding the nearest bridge................:faint:

klmno

Sorry to hear this, Steely. That employee needs to learn a few things about the work place. I hope you feel better soon.

I hope your dog feels better soon, too. Maybe the valium will help him sleep a lot until the hot spots can heal and he adjusts to life without difficult child a little more.

I wonder what's up at the ranch. Do you think he's just "fighting" the adjustment and trying to come home? Are they going to call you and give you more detail soon? I guess you could look at it like "how on earth could you handle him being unstable while you have the flu and still haven't gotten over everything he did to get in there".

{{HUGS}} Sending chicken soup...

susiestar

Roll With It
Sorry you are sick. I hope the doggy valium works. Would prozac help him?

I am sorry difficult child is being a difficult child at the ranch/Residential Treatment Center (RTC). But I am not. If he shows them his difficult side and they SEE all the "behaviors" (as the nurses at the psychiatric hospital referred to Wiz' problems) then they can set him up with what he needs to help him. If he keeps all the "behaviors" hidden then they own't be able to help him as soon.

So, in a strange way, it is a GOOD thing that he is being a difficult child for them. He will get tools and the help he needs sooner this way.

I hope you are able to detach and let him work through this. (as long as he isn't being abused, of course)

Gentle hugs,

Susie

nvts

EEEEWWWW! You don't want to barf all of the stuff we made for your cyber party do you?

difficult child is going to get used to it. I hate it that they're bothering you with the negatives - you didn't send him there because he was such a joy to be around!

Keep in mind, in the psychiatric world, it's always darkest before dawn (that being said, you need to move to Alaska for the 6 mos. of daylight!). Things have got to change soon.

Any more pennies from heaven from H? Or have you forgotten to keep looking? Keep your eyes peeled - dollars to donuts, she's flinging them at you!

Hope you and the puppy feel better soon!

Beth

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Sorry you are feeling so awful. Hope all is working out of your system so you can feel better soon. difficult child things can be set aside. He is in a safe place so just heal yourself right now.

beth

Andy

Did that staff person clean up before going home?

Poor Chester! Give him lots of hugs, you both need them.

I think ranch/Residential Treatment Center (RTC)'s are used to difficult behaviors. For the most part, these older teens do not want to be there so usually pull out their, "this is stupid, you can't make me do this." attitude. The ranch knows how to work with this. Did the ranch add, "this is usual?"

Give it more time! Take care of yourself.

meowbunny

The pluses -- the flu wll go away. The Puppy Prozac should help Chester. Matt acting out is good news. Honest it is. The less he honeymoons, the quicker they can work on his issues. So, here's hoping they get to see a full-blown rage complete with violence soon, real soon.

Hope you feel better soon.

DammitJanet

I agree with everyone else. Sorry you feel icky, hope the medications help Chester soon.

Ranch will deal with difficult child. I always found it somewhat comforting that Cory never honeymooned. He was an all terrain difficult child. Didnt matter where he was he could show his colors. I never had anyone call and ask me why he was there...lol. That used to worry me in the beginning. But if they show what they are made of, they can get to the bottom of it.