the Juxtaposition of Life and Death

tiredmommy

Duckie turns eleven tomorrow... it's hard to believe so much time has passed. It's hard not to look back at the raging, difficult and miserable little girl Duckie was when I landed here over 7 years ago. We owe the beautiful, smart and kind girl that she has become in part to the members of this community. Thank you for helping to get us here.

And on to my mother-in-law. We're not sure what's happening. The doctors had initially been hopeful that her tumor would respond well to treatment but that has changed now. I'm not sure of the specifics because father in law is too upset to talk about it. mother in law has been transferred to our local cancer treatment center. husband is upset, and Duckie is broken-hearted. I can hear her tossing and turning in bed. I wish I could take the hurt away.

buddy

OH TM I am so very sorry for you, Duckie and of course for husband so hard to have your mom be sick and to think about the end of her life. I am so so sorry. I pray for a miracle.

T

TeDo

Glad things are gong well for Duckie!! That IS a plus.

Praying, pretzeling, and rattling for mother in law, father in law, and your family. {{{{(((HUGS)))}}}} to you all.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
TM, sending lots of peaceful healing thoughts for your mother in law, father in law, H and Duckie and of course, you. I pray that she either responds to the treatment or goes peacefully and quickly.

What plans do you have in store for Duckie's birthday? Give her hugs!! Lots and lots of hugs!

donna723

I'm so sorry that it's not going well for your mother in law, TM. Prayers being said. And hugs and birthday wishes for Duckie.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I've decided kids grow up too darn fast.

I'm so sorry to hear about this latest development with mother in law. Praying hard for her, the whole family as well.

((hugs))

DammitJanet

Oh TM. First of all, I am so sorry about your mother in law. I really hope that if it is as bad as it sounds that she is out of pain as quickly as she can be. Lingering in pain isnt easy on anyone. I am praying for your husband because it is so hard to lose his mom, you to lose a mother in law and Duckie to lose her grandmother, and of course, your father in law to lose his wife.

Then like you said, I cant believe that little toddler who came here so long ago is almost a teen. I remember when she started kindergarten and we all thought that was such a huge milestone. She is such a fine young lady. I feel honored to be one of the people on the board to have met her. Please tell her I said Happy Birthday.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Happy Birthday Duckie!!!:) Eleven year old children are the best!!!! It's the age I teach and they are so much fun!!

Praying for mother in law and your entire family.

slsh

member since 1999
TM - I simply cannot believe Duckie will be 11!!! Wish her a very happy happy b-day for me. I love that we've "watched" so many of our kidlets grow up for so very many years, but it's shocking to me how fast they are growing up. You've done an outstanding job managing her many challenges. I'm tickled to hear how well she is doing.

I am so sorry to hear that mother in law isn't doing as well as hoped for. I will continue to send up good thoughts for your entire family.

Many hugs.

TerryJ2

Oh, dear, I am so sorry about your m-i-l. I'm sending strength and healing thoughts.

Good for Ducky and you! Gosh, you've come a long way!

trinityroyal

Oh TM, I'm so very sorry to hear about your mother in law. I will continue to pray and keep you all in my thoughts.
And please wish Duckie a very happy birthday for me. It's sad that she's facing such pain during what should be such a happy time. I hope she can find moments of joy to experience and hang on to. Speaking from personal experience, they do help later.

DDD

I haven't heard or read "juxtaposition" in so many years I had to look it up. Glad that I did because it does not mean what I thought it meant. I thought it meant "opposite ends of" as in life and death. My sincere sympathy is sent to you all as you face mother in law's health issues. Even though the definition is wrong I do see the joy of youth as an offsetting life cycle. Find a way to enjoy this wonderful birthday age..it's one of my favorite ages, too. Meanwhile I'm praying that your mother in law has an easier time soon. Hugs DDD

tiredmommy

Thank you everyone. Duckie is, of course, very understanding that her birthday will be quite a bit different than we first envisioned it. But it still makes me sad to watch my little girl be so brave. It's too mature. Children shouldn't have to deal with adult stuff like this repeatedly (she's already lost two other grandparents, a great-grandparent and a great aunt over the last several years). It's making her far too wise for her tender years. She has attended wakes for her friend's grandparents because she feels she understands what her friends are feeling. What elementary aged child willingly does that?

And DDD~ please tell me that juxtaposition means something along the lines of putting two things side by side, as to compare them? If not, I've had the wrong definition floating around my head for many years.

H

HaoZi

I thought juxtaposition was two or more things occupying the same space or intersecting... or maybe I read too much Piers Anthony. Hope Duckie has as wonderful a birthday as possible, will be keeping your family in our thoughts.

DDD

It wasn't you, TM, who had it wrong. My definition was off. I still think it's a neat word, lol. DDD

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Happy belated birthday to Duckie! I hope she had a fun day even with the cloud hanging over it.

I'm sorry to hear about your mother in law's status... that's just not what anyone wanted to hear, is it. Sending up prayers for strength for your husband, his dad and the rest of the family.