The King's Speech

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by ML, Jan 26, 2011.

1. ML

ML Guest

Has anyone seen this movie? My mom and I had girls night last night and just loved this movie. Two thumbs up from us.

2. trinityroyal

trinityroyal Well-Known Member

Colin Firth is one of my favourite actors ever. I haven't seen The King's Speech yet, but it's on my list. Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

3. Fran

Fran Former Site Owner

It was wonderful. Heartbreaking, funny, stressful, quirky all at once.
    My neck and jaw were so tense at the end, you would have thought I had fought the stammer with him.
    Did you notice the Diana ring" on the Queen Mother character?
    Definitely worth seeing. Colin Firth was remarkable and I always loved the australian actor who played the speech coach(can't remember his name)

4. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

Fran....you are thinking of Geoffrey Rush.... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1504320/ He played this understated role to a T, I thought; so different from his usual roles.

I saw the movie last weekend and was exhausted at the end. I was also exhilarated. Run, don't walk, to the theater. Colin deserves to make an awards show-sweep this year. Perfection.

Suz

5. katya02

katya02 Solace

I'll see if I can get husband to come with me tomorrow or Saturday. I love Colin Firth, and the rest of the cast sounds great.

6. LittleDudesMom

LittleDudesMom Well-Known Member Staff Member

This is definitely on my list!

7. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

LOVED it! Saw it twice, can't wait to go again.
    GREAT acting by Rush and Firth. I loved them both. SO real, and it would have been all too easy to make it silly or overdone.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  8. barneysmom

barneysmom Member

Thank you for posting about this movie. It sounds wonderful. Plus, I have been a huge Colin Firth fan since Pride and Prejudice.