The sound of silence is

Wiped Out

Staff member
golden! Quiet time at our house doesn't exist much. If difficult child is up the non stop talking is happening. Even when he is asleep we usually relax with the television on. However, this afternoon difficult child fell asleep for 3 hours (which almost never happens) and husband was napping (I already had my nap) and easy child was downstairs avoiding people. I sat with my new Kindle and read with no t.v. on at all! After an hour I did turn on the Packer game (so glad we won).

Now difficult child is already asleep for the night, husband is out with his sister at a movie, and easy child/difficult child is still downstairs avoiding everyone (well I guess just me since I'm the only one home and awake) and I have the tv turned off. It is incredibly peaceful right now. Ahhhh....

H

HaoZi

I never truly understood (or appreciated) that phrase until I had a kid. As long as it's not the kind of silence that makes you wonder what they're up to.

busywend

Haha! TM is dealing with a chatterbox so she really is jealous!

I know what you mean about silence. Sometimes it is the most relaxing thing there is.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I so enjoy these moments, Sharon....how do you like your new Kindle? I've had mine almost a year now & absolutely love it.

Enjoy the quiet....kt isn't ignoring me & is chattering away about this & that. At least it's all innocent.