There are so words..

A

AmericanGirl

difficult child just called. Wants me to 'help' him get another tattoo before he returns to the sober house tomorrow.

Said his idiot friend's mother was going to but she cannot tonight.

He owes me a fortune. Hasn't paid his required payments to the court for two weeks now. Gotta pay more tomorrow for his return to the sober house.

It just isn't EVER enough....

Told him if he got a tattoo before going back to sober house that I was done. Period. The end.

pasajes4

I read something in a novel that caught my eye... mostly because I am getting to this point with mine...." I did not give up on you because I do not love you or care about you. I gave up on you because you only love and care about yourself." I wonder if our difficult children realize that someday we could get to that point.

Nancy

He sounds just like my difficult child. What is it with them and their tatoos? My difficult child doesn't have two nickles to rub together but will spend her last penny on a tatoo every time. They must think we are suckers.

Nancy

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
You know, our boys don't "get it" until they are at least in their mid 20's. Mine pulled soooo many bonehead moves (including going thru the tattoo thing) I was just beside myself as I envisioned him bald, tatted up, pants down below his butt and living in the gutter passed out drunk and/or stoned. Believe me, I never thought he would grow up. I didn't even go there with the carrot of rehab as it was a waste of my brain energy. He had a roof over his head and food to eat but that was the extent of my participation-no money, no new clothes (cept at Xmas or his birthday) and he was told there would be no jail visits or money on his account if he ended up there. Took him a while but eventually a 5 watt bulb went off in his head.

I will keep my fingers crossed one goes off in your difficult child's head as well

Marcie

A

AmericanGirl

Had a lng chat with idiot friend's mother. Explained to her that difficult child wasnt a reliable witness now. Was in her and hers sons best interest for difficult child to return to sober house without any contact from anyone here. The progress he would make would help him next month to testify correctly. Implied if other side knew of all difficult children lies that they would impeach his creditibility in a second.

Let her know i monitored his cell and she needed to contact me if she wanted to send him info...i would get his mail and inform her of anything court related.

She agreed.

Gonna get real ugly if she doesnt back off.

exhausted

AG,
I am glad he is going back. It is never a smooth ride for us, is it? They have to ride the roller coaster or they just don't think they are alive. Their brains are so disconnected and sideways for so many reasons. You can't read a thing into it because there is no logic in crazy. Definition of crazy? Teens until at least 25, druggies, addicts, not to mention those diagnosed. You and I and many here, are just living in the crazy zone. We have to get use to the coaster and motion sickness. Somehow serenity and roller coaster just don't go together-yet we have to do it or........

I don't mean to offend with the use of crazy-it is just how I feel when I try to assess logic to any of this or answer the why question.

Hang in there and please take care of your self some how so your brain can have some moments of peace. ((Hugs))

A

AmericanGirl

Exhausted....you cannot ever offend me.

I agree with the word crazy. It's insane to live anywhere near them.

As for roller coasters, I get motion sick. If my doctor writes a note, can I get off? Pretty please....;)

P

PatriotsGirl

I read something in a novel that caught my eye... mostly because I am getting to this point with mine...." I did not give up on you because I do not love you or care about you. I gave up on you because you only love and care about yourself." I wonder if our difficult children realize that someday we could get to that point.

That reminds me of what I tell my difficult child - that I have never given up on her - that she gave up on herself...