thoughts on clonidine>?

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
difficult child II was just out on it in hospital and I am curious if any one has thoughts/tips on this drug>???

Jena

Hi,

How are you? finally got a few minutes to come in here. been a while again things have been crazy.

difficult child has been on chlonidine for sleep for past 6 mos. works certain nights when she isn't manic. i feel its safe you just have to watch the dosage that it's correct for their weight. she's about 90 lbs. and on 0.25 mg which is minimal.

hope that helps

Jen

Christy

My difficult child was also recently out of the psychiatric hospital as well and just started clonodine. He takes .05 three times a day to contol ADHD. So far we have been very pleased with his results on it but it has only been a few weeks.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
My difficult child started this drug a couple of years ago. Even the slightest dose knocks him out cold, so it went from an attempt to being an everyday medication to slow him down a little to being what we use PRN for "emergency management" or the nights he doesn't sleep. It also tends to make our difficult child more aggressive the day after, so we use it minimally. A few others here have mentioned the same reaction, but for the most part, I think it works well for a lot of kiddos.

Wiped Out

Staff member
It's been a good medication for our son. It is used to help him sleep and help with his hyperactivity. Some days I don't think it does much in the hyper department but when he was in the psychiatric hospital. they tried taking him off it and then I realized just how much it was helping.

4sumrzn

My difficult child has been on this for a few months. She takes .05 3-4 times a day & it does not make her tired, but slows her down a little. We didn't think it was working anymore until we tried to skip a dose & ran for the medication safe about an hour later.....it helps her!