To all you horsey lover's here is K's horse!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Here is her love on Monday's. Newta... she is so sweet and sensitive.
K is learning so fast on her and building up such a bond and trust with her.

Because of K's previous issues with violence towards our dog... I am hoping this is teaching her.
I want a dog so bad and have been scouring Petfinder daily.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Aren't they amazing??? What horses can do for kiddos...

I often catch myself thinking about the rise in childhood "issues" and the decline of the "old" way of life, and can't help but wonder if there's not a connection in there...

Congrats. I'm glad she loves her new friend. Horses have probably saved my sanity and I know they have helped both of my difficult child's.

Have you heard of the book "Horse Boy"?

Star*

call 911........call 911
Out of the herd? I like Bart the best. His head set and ear position look intelligent and his eyes look like they still have a little fire in them.

Newta is the best one in my humble opinion for children - she has a passionate soul and a kind heart.

Frog? I think he's still got a little bit of trotting he'd like to do. lol.

They are all just stunning! THanks for the nuzzle look Toto......

I'm very proud of my Princess K. - Errr I mean My Equestrian K.

Fran

Former desparate mom
What a great opportunity for K. I hope she makes a real connection.

Shari, I would love to spend 2 wks with you just learning all that having a horse entails. In my next life.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
OMG... I just looked up Horse Boy. I have a feeling it is a tear jerker.
I am going to put this one on my list. THANKS

NEWTA is like a little teddy bear
K has ridden Skittles who has a great temperament but Newta is the best!
K will lay across her and hold her mane rubbing her cheek.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I have them in my back yard, they can make me mad as all get out, yet they never cease to amaze me - what they can do with a child, their ability to "just know", their rules for existence in their own little societies - they still amaze me. Mostly the way they can touch a little soul that nothing else seems to reach. I'm glad K is getting the opportunity!

Enjoy the Horse Boy. I didn't cry when Ol' Yellar died, but I did when I read that book. I'm going to meet the author and see the movie in a couple of weeks. If I hadn't seen the difference horses made on my own two boys, I may have been skeptical about the book, but I've seen it myself, tho the book is far more amazing.

Fran, when you have time, come on over. The sad part is, tho, that I really don't know diddley about them. I'm pretty sure you can own them for a lifetime and still know very little. lol