Two calls from teachers this week ...

TerryJ2

The gym teacher said that difficult child didn't dress out for gym 3X, then argued about it. The world history teacher emailed and said that difficult child flunked their first test. He said the material goes fast. Fast = anxiety for difficult child.

He cannot function in HS. He needs to be in middle school again. :(
He'll be re-taking math in summer school this year, too. :(

And a police ofcr picked him up with-a friend at a park right next to the school last week. You can't leave campus unless you're a senior.

We had a huge blowup last night. Maybe it's teen hormones X10 because he's a difficult child? I had just had it--he wouldn't let up and I went to leave and he went berserk. I told him it was only 1 night in a hotel to take a break. He went hysterical. difficult child thinks there's some Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) involved.

1 thing after the other. Maybe time to up the medications? Something is going on.
Thanks for listening.

TiredSoul

Warrior Mom since 2007
So sorry for what you are going through. I am not looking forward to what is to come and I fear we may be headed in that direction as well. Good for you for taking a break.

TerryJ2

Hi,
typo--it's easy child who thinks that some Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) is involved.

He doesn't go back to the dr for another cpl mo's. I think I should make an apt before then.
We have a therapy appointment March 11. Not soon enough.

Now husband and I are arguing about difficult child. I told husband he's not involved enough. He said it's hard to get involved (of course) but that's no excuse. He will sit on the couch and read while difficult child and his girlfriend play video games and then make fun comments so it's like he's part of their clique. Uh, fine. But that's all?
I told him he's got to help difficult child learn to drive, because he's still going to get his license and the more time he spends practicing with-supervision, the better. And I told him he just needs to spend time with-him, no matter what.
So when I got the email from the teacher today, husband and I agreed he would handle it.
He did ... I was at a mtng ... called to say I was on my way home. difficult child answered. I asked if husband had talked to him about the teacher's note. He said yes.
I should have left it at that, but I told him that I responded in an email, mostly with-more questions, and also suggested that he could re-take the test.
2 min later, husband calls, angry because *he* handled it and I was supposed to stay out of it. Why did I call and check up on him? And now I've upset difficult child and he ran up to his room and was very, very upset.

I called to say I was on my way home and ... sigh.

When I got home, I checked with-difficult child and he said he just didn't want to talk because his voice was raspy. (He was screaming so much yesterday, he lost his voice.) He was in bed, reading peacefully. I told him that if I said anything wrong or hurtful about the teacher, I apologized. He said everything was fine. Hmm.

Must be something in the air.

Thanks for listening.

jugey

Yep, it does stink to be us sometimes! Sorry to hear about your blow up. I really hate it when that happens. I think it takes difficult child and I a couple of days to "normalize" after a blow up. The psychiatric has told us that a big blow up changes something in the brain....I can't remember exactly what she said. I hope you and husband can find some common ground. husband and I have had many an argument over difficult child but I think we're getting better at it. It all gets so tiring sometimes. Hope today is a good one!

TerryJ2

So, I vented yesterday. :)

therapist and you all --- :) helped me to figure out that difficult child most likely missed a couple of doses of medications when he said he had taken them and I didn't witness it.
Meeting with-the teacher next week.
difficult child is calmer but still snarly. Better every day.

Castle Queen

Warrior in training
Oh Terry I hate when that happens! Trying to give them more responsibility/trust for taking their medications and we still have to check up on them. For my difficult child, every time. I keep his in one of those pill separators that has separate compartments for Morning, Noon, Afternoon, Evening, and Bedtime. Sadly, we need all 5. But I can see if doses were missed and if I don't remind/double check, they very well could be.

jugey

Hmmm, well I'll learn from this and check in on medications a little more often. Recently, I've been trusting her to take them and I'm pretty sure she usually does. Never hurts to make sure though. Glad to hear things have calmed down.

TerryJ2

We've got a therapist appointment next wk. lots to talk about. MOstly, difficult child "almost" breaking up with-his girlfriend EVERY DAY and then taking it out on us, and becoming so stressed that he hadn't done one bit of school work. :(
I have two parent-teacher mtngs tomorrow.