typical difficult child behavior...

ksm

Last night about 10 minutes before bedtime... I asked both girls to put away their clean folded clothes. Suddenly, difficult child is TOO TIRED to get out of bed and help. So little sis and I did it while she laid in bed. Then after lights out and kisses, she gets up, forgets she wanted to put medicine on her face, back to bed, talks for 20 minutes, gets up messes around the room, back to bed, talks for 10 more minutes. Ugghhh. Earlier in the week, they moved the clean clothes from one bed to another and no one would finish putting it away. easy child had put away a couple stacks, difficult child never did, so easy child would put them on her bed. difficult child got mad and thru them on the floor, on top of the dirty clothes on the floor. Some weeks, they even leave them in the clothes hamper, only to start throwing their dirty clothes on top of them. I have decided that I don't care if they have clean clothes or not. KSM

T

TeDo

Good for you! I have the opposite reaction but then again, it hasn't backfired on me yet.

B

Bunny

I agree with you. easy child will put his clothes away when I ask him to (although why I have to tell him to do it is beyond me) but difficult child? His clothes pile up on his bed (he sleeps on his floor) and he just pulls clean clothes from the piles on the bed. At least they both put their dirty laundry in the hamper.