Up To My Eyeballs

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I've been absent for a bit -- not sure how conspicuous or not it's been. At any rate, I'm still alive, doing fine though a bit stressed. Kids are o.k. husband is o.k., relatively speaking. It's just been uber busy around here.

Some of you may recall my lapse in judgement a few months ago when I agreed to help out with a NAMI fundraiser by means of a secondary event opportunity. What really happened is I got dumped on and before I realized how lousy the situation had become, I was in too deep to back out without damaging my own reputation. So here we go...

The event is this Friday and Saturday and I'm having to bake 500 mini chocolate chip cookies between tomorrow and Thursday night. A friend is baking another 500 for me, bless her heart! I've spent my own cash on t-shirts that I'm going to try to sell at the event in hopes of making enough to cover my costs with enough left over to make a donation to NAMI that doesn't get laughed at. I'm trying to just focus on Sunday when it's alllllll over!

Add to this my usual duties as a board member and webmaster for difficult child 1's lacrosse booster club.

Add to that my NEW duties as a director of a startup non-profit youth lacrosse league (which will hopefully result in some cash in hand after our expenses are met), web designer, public relations manager and marketing/advertising executive for the league. We're trying to get this launched by the end of November, and are only awaiting confirmation of our field assignments with the school district so that we can officially make the announcement and kick things into high gear.

And of course the usual fun and games in a life with two difficult child's, a difficult child spouse and one (thank-you-Lord) easy child. Sigh.

Hopefully I can come up for air next week. Miss you all!

Wiped Out

Staff member
You've been missed! I'm sorry you ended up getting dumped on! I can't even imagine having to do that kind of baking! I hope you are able to regain the cost of your expenses (too bad you can't regain all of the time as well).

Take care of you while you are being so busy helping everyone else!:) (((hugs)))

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm not sure how someone makes 500 mini cookies of any sort.......mine always come out big. lol 500? omg! I'd have to shoot myself. But then you said a friend is doing 500 more for you so that's 1000! :faint:

That's why I try not to be "in charge" when it comes to stuff such as this. I'll jump through hoops to be the helper person, but if I'm in charge I usually get dumped on and stuck with all the work. I can think of once where I got burned as the helper.......that was a weekend from hades, then when she showed up to take credit, whew did she get blasted. I'd have walked away when she didn't show.....but then about 200 plus people would've gone hungry. Not happening.

I'd darn sure see if your expenses are tax deductible!

Hope it goes wonderfully.

Hugs

DammitJanet

Better woman than I GCV! Sending all my baking vibes to you but Im not sure that is gonna help much so I will just pray the Keebler elves show up!

DazedandConfused

then when she showed up to take credit, whew did she get blasted. I'd have walked away when she didn't show.....but then about 200 plus people would've gone hungry. Not happening.

I've had that happen TWICE. Grrrrrrr

The last one was work related. I literally came up with the idea, created the notices and flyers, came up with the agenda, and coordinated the food.

Someone agreed to have this event at their place (because mine was "waaaay too far for everyone to drive") and THAT'S IT. Who takes and gets credit for the whole thing? The person who provided the building! Big Deal. Everyone was profusely thanking her and not one word was said to me.

Not.One.Word.To.Me.

Gee..think I'm still on a slow burn about that one??? LOL

I've been gone a lot too. School, job, difficult child, etc.

GVC, I've been checking in lately, and I definitely noticed your absence:)

Many positive cookie vibes coming your way.