Update on Jessie

susiestar

Roll With It
Jessie is doing OK today. Still hurts, says she can't take a deep breath because the rib. This is the same as yesterday. the paramedic said she would be worse on Sun or Mon, then get better. So I don't know if I will send her to school Mon, but I may take her in to the doctor for a check then.

She is getting around the house pretty well, though we have her resting as much as possible. Her knee is still swollen and sore.

thanks for all the prayers and concern. You are all very sweet.

Andy

I like the idea of taking her into the doctor on Monday for a check.
It will take awhile for the rib and knee to heal.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I also like the idea of getting her double checked. Poor kid. Glad to hear that so far she's just sore and nothing more. It'll be that way for awhile.

Any news on who did it? Want us warrior Moms to come hunt the low life's down?? :warrior:

Where's the corner? Oh, here it is........

klmno

What did I miss? Sorry to hear this, Susie, and I'm glad she feels better, I just didn't realize something had happened.

susiestar

Roll With It
No clue on who did it. I may even take her to the Walk In clinic tomorrow if there is no improvement.

There are no cars like that in our neighborhood. I have driven up the street with her looking. And talked to a few neighbors (including the busybody who knows everything about everyone!). I will be taking the kids to school on Monday, and picking her up - picking thank you up at the bus stop because he gets out so much later than she does. For quite a long while I will be driving the kids to the bus and picking them up in the car. I will keep y'all posted.

I called and left a message with the newspaper on Friday. I just emailed the news staff and sent a message to the Freecycle community here. I hope that Freecycle lets the message stay up. I would like to have a news article done so that people can look out for a car and maybe, just maybe, the driver could come forward. I think that could help a lot to bring some closure to Jessie. We have skelaxin on hand from her back spasms, and luckily that helped her sleep through the night. She drifted off to sleep today and woke up crying. I HATE that. :(

Wanted to keep you all posted. Your thoughts and prayers mean the world to me. Jess said to tell you all thank you for them. So thanks from her also. :kisses::angel2:

Last edited:

TerryJ2

Oh, here you are.
I responded to the other thread.
Good idea to call the paper. You never know.
So sorry she's so sore. I hope she's icing. It's not uncommon to be that sore for a wk or 2. I'm glad the medications helped her sleep.
I can imagine the feeling of wanting to drive the kids every day. So sorry. Thanks for letting us know.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Jess,

Hi hon -

I'm sorry that this bad thing happened to someone we care about - Y-O-U

Get well soon - I can tell you for certain getting hit by a car is no fun. Except now I'm so big I think I would dent their vehicle.

GET WELL SOON HONEY!

Love & Hugs
Aunti Star

SusieStar,

Please keep us updated. You all have been on my mind today.

Healing takes time after an accident like this. Jess is obviously such a strong, brave girl - she is going to do well!

susiestar

Roll With It
We are going to the doctor tomorrow morning. Must get cane or crutch so she can go to school - she can't put any weight on her knee. The knee is swollen to twice its normal size. The ribs are very sore, but the bruising hasn't some to the surface yet. Deep bruises are like that for her - it may take a week or more for the bruise to come to the surface.

Wish us luck at the docs. I don't want her to miss any more school. Neither does she!

From the time she was little we called Jessie our "strong smart girl". I am talking from the time she learned to walk. People kept talking about how pretty and beautiful she was - and she was. But we wanted her to focus on other qualities, not just how she looked. So we started calling her our "strong smart girl". Man did she prove us right, didn't she?