update to stuff

crazymama30

I am just taking things one day at a time, minute by minute. husband is up and down, and so we are up and down.

husband said his depakote levels are way to high. He was really out of it, slurring his words and falling and stumbling. One minute he was saying he was going to be d/c'd tommorrow, then the next minute he said if the medications don't work he could be there another week. My money is on the second comment.

I asked that husband's caseworker call me. husband signed a release when he was admitted so they could talk to me, thank god for that.

easy child is sick, could be flu, H1N1, cold or Mono. She is very needle phobic and I did not push the blood test for Mono as I just did not have the energy. They cannot do anything for it anyways.

I am going back to work tommorrow. Life has to go on, and I don't know how it would be good for me to sit at home again. All I do is play on the internet. I can't concentrate on much for a long time, I jump from site to site. I don't want to really go on, but I have to.

The kids, especially easy child, just want me to play card games and such with them, and I am finding that interaction so hard. I just want to sit and stare.

Thank you all for your support. It really means a lot to me.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
It probably IS a good idea for you to go back to work. The structure and normalcy will help keep your mind focused instead of obsessing and spinning out of control with anxiety. husband will recover in as much time as he needs to do so, and he's in the best place to do it.

Hang in there -- you will get through this!

crazymama30

G, you just described my state of mind pretty well.

obsessing and spinning out of control with anxiety

As for normalcy, I think that is a charade, but I have gotten fairly good at playing that game.

The bills don't pay themselves. It is either I go to work or drive myself crazy, and that would be way too easy right now.

crazymama30

I just spoke with someone from the psychiatric hospital. husband was saying psychiatrist said he could go home tommorrow if he slept tonight. She verified this. He did get taken off the depakote, he was right about that. I am feeling better now that I know he is getting his stories right. I was able to get the rest of the week off from 1 job, not too many hrs but they are evening hours and I just did not feel right being gone at night.

So I guess now I wait to see what tommorrow will bring. I really do feel better now that I talked to someone. I just did not feel right getting all my info from husband, and now that what he is saying meshes with what the doctor is saying (psychiatric hospital staff was reading it to me)

Thank you all for your support. I really cannot express how much it means to me.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Normalcy is a relative term. What's normal for OUR families is very alien to others, but it doesn't make ours any less normal to us! And as we all know, normal is on a sliding scale that changes from month to month, year to year. All we can hope for is stability -- I think that's everyone's goal.

Glad you can get the evenings off for a bit. That should help ease your mind by being able to stay with him at night once he's home.

He's very lucky to have you!

crazymama30

G--I think one of the most important things I have realized is that I am lucky to have him too.

Man I hope he slept last night.