Vent, had a rough evening.

crazymama30

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#

[h=6]
This has been a difficult evening. difficult child is out of his vyvanse untill Thursday due to husband taking some, which he still denies, like that matters. difficult child is off the wall hyper. Has been in my pocket since I got home and has not quit talking for 30 seconds. He is happy and not raging, but wow. I can hardly stand it.

got the neuropsychologist tests, he will have a diagnosis of Learning Disability (LD) not otherwise specified with NonVerbal Learning Disorder (NVLD) traits and more testing from a Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) as NP thought there is something auditory going on but her testing could not narrow it down. He has tons of processing issues, visual spacial and more. Definately has dysgraphia, he will get the alpha smart that the school talked about last year this year. It is always a blow when how impaired he truly is is shown on paper for me, just seems to hit me hard.

And to top it all off? husband's mom texted me, she is concerned, as she should be. He has asked her for money, and she is concerned as she does not want to give him money only to have him use it on drugs. I did not tell her she should or should not give it to him. She asked me if I could get his medical records for her. I told her no, though I could, and that I would not. I am done with him and what he does is his business. She mentioned calling his Dad and asked for his number. I did not give it, and stated that I though the way his dad and step dad raised him caused many of his problems, that I have recieved no support at all from them, and that if he wanted to play daddy now it was a little late. Said that it would either backfire if she called his dad or his dad would just out and out refuse to help. He and husband's step mom are true pieces of work, the only people that matter to them are her kids and her grandkids. They have had no contact with our kids for years, and we live 15minutes away. I have no desire for the kids to have contact with them.

I am emotionally wiped out. And difficult child will just not quit. Hope his night medications kick in soon.
[/h]

T

TeDo

I am so sorry you're suffering unnecessary gfgness Crazy. Does doctor have any samples to give you to help get you through until you are ABLE to get a refill? Just a thought. {{{{(((HUGS)))}}}}

Way to stand your ground with mother in law. You owe him (and her) NOTHING. I'm proud of you! Pat yourself on the back for me.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Big hugs~ I'm also proud of the way you handled mother in law. Good for you!

Can you ask the Dr for samples or will that open up a can of worms?

keista

:hangin: hang in there, you're doing great! At least difficult child is HAPPY, right? things can always be worse. Keeping fingers crossed they don't go 'there'.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
difficult child may not be raging, but I know how draining the bouncing-off-the-walls-happy can drive you! When my difficult child 2 is like that, I feel on edge because I just don't know what his poor impulse control will lead him to. He was like that as a toddler, and though I could physically control him because of his puppy-size then, he's approaching 6 feet in height now and he's a whole different beast.

Have you ever tried deep massage on difficult child, or given him some deep pressure exercises to try when he's really hyper like this? I learned the technique from a PT/Occupational Therapist (OT) back before the my difficult children had any diagnosis or started medications and it proved to be calming for both of mine when they were spiraling. There are probably lots of things you have around the house that he could manipulate to work his muscles and put pressure on the larger joints. Here's a link that gives ideas for things to do at school for kids that have sensory issues that express as hyperactivity:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/14740-deep-pressure-and-heavy-activities-for-school-age-children/

One of the simplest things we do is just have difficult child 2 lay on the floor on his belly and prop himself up on his elbows while watching TV.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Oh, and P.S. : GREAT JOB in sticking to those boundaries as it relates to husband. You're not responsible for him and the sooner the rest of his extended family learns that, the better.

Steely

Just wanted to send you tons of hugs.....what a week you have had.

I know when Matt stole my Xanax the Dr refused to give me any more because it was a narcotic - (even though it had been stolen). It could be the same for your Dr and the Vyanese since it is a controlled substance - but it is worth trying - or say some dropped down the drain or something....?

Let us know how things are going today....hang in there.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Excellent job handling your mother in law. Sounds like you handed it to her by the little too little too late statement. Very well put.

Don't know what to say about your kiddos that hasn't already been suggested, but it certainly sounds like you've gotten a handle on all of it.

Hugs -

crazymama30

I have an appointment with an attorney on Saturday (yes, Saturday). I qualified for the modest means program through our state bar, so the first appointment will be $35. I don't think I can afford a retainer yet, but at least I can get some info. Just a very sad day. I hate the fact that I have to do this, but there is no other way. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, and I have been doing that too long.