We are off to watch our Princess give up her crown!

DammitJanet

Tonight is the pageant and ceremony where Keyana will give up her crown to the new Tiny Miss Dublin Peanut. She has to perform a dance routine. She has been going to practice every sunday afternoon for the past 6 weeks but we have no idea if she will be up for the job or not...lol.

This will be the first time we have actually seen her on stage. We are really quite nervous. Lindsey called last night to make sure we were still coming because wanted to make sure we would be bringing her home with us...lol. I guess she wanted to have something in her back pocket to bribe her with! "Dance pretty Keyana and you can go see your Papa and Grandma!" We are going to film it of course, but also try to stay out of her eye sight until after she is done.

Im sure she will be adorable! God bless whoever has dealt with these toddlers...lol.

DammitJanet

Im back! It was fun...lol. Lots of little princess and queens.

She gave up her title but was crowned again ...this time she is the new Little Miss Peanut Ambassador. LOL. Gawd! She is three and can barely say her name clearly but she has the royal wave down pat! I think we have a long road ahead of us to the Miss USA pageant...lol.

DammitJanet

Toddlers and Tiara's is what is known as extreme glitz pageants. The girls do spray on tans, fake nails, fake teeth and even fake hair. The pageant dresses can run as high as 3K. All for prize money of no more than say 500 to 750 a pop. No way on earth I would do that. Yes, every girl gets some sort of crown and sash and trophy but still. Too much money. Plus the girls look like made up dolls.

Keyana performs in natural pageants. Yes, they do her hair but it isnt fake hair. She wears a tiny bit of lip gloss and face powder to even out her skin tone. Her dress did cost $100 at a fancy dress shop. Of course, she has fancy pageant shoes. She does look like a little girl. For the dance, they all wore overall's with matching shirts and no shoes...lol. They were adorable.

I have no idea what her duties will be as an ambassador will be. LOL. Probably more parades and festivals.

Star*

call 911........call 911
So whot yer sayin is - we're related to Royalty?

You come on down here to Pagent-town anytime....there is more fake-hair, fake-nails, fake-boobs, fake-fakes here than anywhere else I have ever lived. And more pagents and queenie titles too. Miss Collard Festival, Miss Peach Festival, Miss Lexington, Miss Richland County, Miss this Miss that....Missed it by a mile....all of it...lol. and of COURSE the infamous Miss SC answers....ugh.

Glad Keyanna had a good time - THAT is all that matters. So what does her crown look like? You know of course you are creating a monster. :tongue: - A pretty one - but still....mwha ha ha....;)

donna723

I see no problem in the little local pageants like Keyana participates in. They have those here every year at the County Fairs. They're harmless fun for the kids, the parents and grandparents.

I DO have a problem with some of the extreme pageant families like the ones they show on "Toddlers and Tiaras". To me, it seems like frustrated mothers living out their dreams through their little girls. And the kids all seems to be ego-inflated little snots, or else they're off in a corner crying while their mother is saying how much they love being on the pageant circuit! Most of these people are obviously not wealthy but they travel all over the country to participate in pageants and spend thousands and thousands of dollars on fancy dresses, fake hair, fake teeth, fake tans, and pageant coaches ... so their kid can win a crown and a trophy! Personally, I think it's creepy to see an adult-looking made up face on a six year old! People will stick a big goofy hair piece on the head of their bald infant and trot them across the stage! One woman bought an infant size tuxedo and entered her 9 day old baby boy in a pageant! Then she was raving on about how well he did! Seriously!And do you wonder why there is really no audience other than the families of the contestants? Because if they didn't restrict the audience to just families, all the perverts show up to watch the little girls!

Makes me wonder ... if these same parents had taken all that money that they spend on pageants and put it in to a college fund for those kids starting when they were 3 or 4 or 5, how much better off would they be by the time they're 18?

Last edited:

DammitJanet

Donna...I think that is why things get out of hand. That is what is known as Glitz pageants. These are natural pageants. Kids cant wear fake hair or nails. No false teeth. If a four or five or six year old loses a tooth, so be it. They are still cute. The pictures these kids get taken are either home made pics from digital cameras or those taken at Walmart. Not glamor shots. Now they are taught to go out and walk to runway and turn around and show themselves off to the best of their ability. Turn and curtsy, blow a kiss, do something special.